Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Old Cards Valentine Wreath...Need Help

jeannespines
12 years ago

I am looking for an old cards/postcards Valentine wreath ... I tried to find the Easter one last yr with no success & started printing out old cards (of which I didn't have enough of) ...but the expense of buying old cards or printing from Internet didn't seem worth it. So I'm hoping to find one to price check.

Here's pics:

Has anyone seen them anywhere? I ckd the Williams Sonoma homepage. Any ideas on this? Appreciate your help. TFlookin'. Jeanne S.

Comments (11)

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Hi Jeanne..you and I are on the same 'wave length'!
    I've had my eye on those wreaths espe the - Easter Wreath ever since Lynne in New Mexco posted it. I started checking out the price for them at WS -and found them to be way to expensive, so last year I started printing out vintage Easter cards too. I did quite a few, but they do 'eat up' your color cartridge.
    If I track something like them down..I will definitely share it with you.

jane

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Oh golly yes! I LOVE these! Have looked for them too and haven't figured out how to print on cardboard which is kind of what you would need the images on......I'll keep looking though and if I find one, I'll pass it along.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, jane & marlene ... I just printed them on good quality HP Premium paper last yr & then knew I would have to 'mount' them on a cardstock or something. Let's hope one of us locates them 'in stock' for a reasonable price! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

When I printed out mine, I used premium card stock which has a nice heavy weight to it. I have two types - glossy and matte. They're great for printing out Vintage Clip Art.
    DH was an Art Director, and I was fortunate to have access to the best art supplies (free) :) - although my supplies are starting to run low now.
    If you remember I used some Vintage Clip Art with my Easter Displays...(see pic below)..hope this helps.
    jane

And Also for Valentine's Day...

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I'm not sure but I may have found those photos in our albums on Etsy. I can check later and see if a seller there has them, but have to get off here right now.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

PM, I think the Easter one was lynninnewmexico....jane found the post last yr when I was looking.

jane...your graphics looks awesome! I will have to see about premium card stock...so your graphics are strickly that & not mounted to anything, I take it (by your comments above).

Thanks, gals. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

No Jeanne..they're not mounted to any thing. I do add an easel back if I want to display them on their own.

I found something tonight that might interest you..
    check out below:
    jane

Here is a link that might be useful: Hand Made Valentine Wreath

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

I remember Lynn's wreath we all loved. I also remember all your neat creations, Jane. The Valentine wreath is pretty that lady made and would take alot less prints.

I think the decorated heart wreaths you can buy would be neat with some prints added to them. Some of the tinsel could show around the cards. Do you know the ones I'm thinking about?

For easter you could make a wreath with Easter grass of your choice and then add cards which would be neat too. Will be waiting to see what you come up with Jeanne.LOL

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for that link, jane...she did do a nice job on that wreath ...& interesting that she mod-podged it afterward & added 'glitter!' (that dreaded word in my vocabulary!) LOL!

Don't know yet if I'll try to print...gosh, it would take alot! & also I can't believe you 'cut out' all the nips & tucks of the card in that 1st pic! Wow! I know...you were a teacher...experienced! ;-) (me, too, I guess). TFS!

TFS, Holiday-ers, all your comments! & no, punk I don't know which tinsel wreaths you are talking about...got a pic? Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, all my wreaths are still packed away in totes. I found this picture with some in the background from Valentine's last year. I think a wreath or bouquet made out of twigs or curly willow, organza ribbon and pics could be amazing.

Hope this shows you what I was talking about seeing these wreaths in the picture.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh yeah, thanks, punk...now I remember what you're talking about! Duh! Thank you! Jeanne S. (I love this Val t'scape!)

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions