Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Quick Update

Posted by maximavswife (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 29, 12 at 10:13

Update on my dad. I met with the Palliative care team on Saturday. Dad had another surgery on Friday. The infection has gone into his joints and bones. The antibiotics are no longer working. He has only days left. I will meet with hospice care team today (Sunday). We will have him moved back to the nursing home for comfort and so he is surrounded by friends. Please keep him in your prayers that he may soon be free of pain.
Kath

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Quick Update

MM...prayers & hugs & comfort for your Dad, YOU & your family & friends. Hugs, Jeanne S.

o

You have my thoughts and prayers for your Dad and yourself.

Marylee

o

MM - I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
I will keep your Dad - you and your Family in my thoughts and prayers.
jane

o

I'm so sorry Kath. Prayers that he can be made as comfortable as possible and for you/your family during this awful time.

o

So sorry you are having to go through this, so very difficult when a loved one is suffering. Prayers and thoughts are with all of you. Luvs

o

Kathe, wow, I'm so sad for you. Tears filled my eyes as I read this. Sending hugs and prayers to you and yours. This is one of the hardest parts of living.

Punk

o

Kathe, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your
Dad and family as you face this. Hugs Janet

o

Kathe, I am so sorry to hear this news.
I pray that your Dad may soon be free of pain.
Thinking and praying for you and your family.
Try to stay strong.
Nana

o

Kath~
I too am so sorry that your Dad is so ill and will definitely keep you and your family and your dad in my prayers. Hospice folks are a Godsend, so I hope they will be of great help to you.

o

Kath, so sorry to hear your news. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family at this trying time.
It is never easy to see a loved one suffer. May G*O*D give you the strength to cope and get through this, and peace and comfort for your Dad.

We are all here for you.

(((HUGS)))
Candy

o

Kathe, I don't really know what to say...other than my heart goes out to you. All of you are in my prayers, especially your dear Dad.
I'm so sorry
hugs, Karen

o

God be with you and your Dad.
OA

o

Prayers for your dad, Kathe, and you. God be with him.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here