Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekdweller_gw

OT:So Proud of Myself

creekdweller
12 years ago

My Christmas bedroom, whose door could not be opened b/c of so much Christmas is now CLEAN!!!!!

Can't say much for the attic and the other bedroom..LOL

Hubs called me a child I have been so excited. I found a bedroom set, solid pecan, on Craig's List. Will get it this coming Saturday, weather permitting. Have never had but just a bed and a lot of "STUFF" in that room. I am hoping to get it painted this week before the Hubs gets the furniture here.

It's a 2 1/2 hour trip one way to go get this furniture.

I was very hesitate to ask Hubs about getting it, but he said he would go get it for me. YAH

Also got all Christmas decorations down and have Valentines started.

I just had to tell someone, I am so proud of myself.

I think I got this extra boost of energy just b/c it is Mama's 1 yr. death date. And I have been going like a crazy woman.

P.S. Please don't ask me to come and help any of you when I finally get though, I probably will not be able to move for ever!! LOL

Thanks for listening!!

Creek

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Sounds like a great Winter project, creek! I'll gladly share a 'pat on the back' for you! ;-) Hope you share a few pics when bedroom is put tog!

We're contemplating some major changes this Winter in our house, too...the carpet is very old (berber) & has worn forever but it needs replaces (living & dining) & kitchen lineoleum floor also needs replaced...so we've been pricing & checking & need to make a decision..between tile, pergo or carpet again....of course,t hen that means you should freshen up w/new paint, remove the woodwork, etc. etc....turns into lots of work!

So I haven't been changing out much decor ...Christmas is away but Winter snowmen & goodies are out yet...& now that the snow came, it's very Wintery out there...& bright & sunny! But I have found some 'Valentine-y' & other TS finds lately to use one of these days! ;-)

Good to hear from you, creek. Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Here's another pat on the back, you certainly deserve it.
    And you SHOULD feel very proud of yourself. That room is going to be so pretty when you get it repainted and the new bed set in it! (I liked the idea you got a big energy boost from the 1 yr mark of losing your Mom. I will hope and pray that happens to me next month!! But gosh, a year for you and I already? Hard to believe).

What color are you painting the bedroom?
    Your hubby is a doll to drive so far and get the bedroom set for you. Its nice to hear you sound excited by the way! You needed some good stuff happening!

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Sounds like you've been a busy woman! Glad you've gotten your spare room all cleaned and now you'll have a bedroom suite for it too! Yeeha for you!!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

YAY, good for you Creek!! You have every reason to be so
    excited and proud.
    Your DH is great to go for the bedroom set for you.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Creek...just caught up with your post!
    I'm so happy for you and what you managed to accomplish.
    You should be proud.
    A new bedroom...is VERY exciting. NOw you'll be having fun putting it all together.
    Remember to show pics when you do.
    BTW - your DH is a 'Keeper' !

jane

• creekdweller
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone. I am hoping to keep the paint color the same, which is what used to be a kakki color. Don't know what the new name might be. I got a chip of paint and took it to wally world, but, it is too dark. So, I am going to take it back and see if he can lighten it up and if not, I'll just have to repaint the whole room, but still the same color. I don't have a plan. When Daddy came to live with us I bought a brown and tan with cream lace running thru it at K Mart. Jacklyn Smith. It looked manly, but I am using it b/c of cost.
    I'll just shooting from the hip on this one. I have some child hood things, jack-in-the box. a nice big long box of crayons, books etc. But I have darken the windows with back out drapes, underneath the blinds. On top of the blinds, I am using lace curtains, the ones that just come to the window sill. I Have pitcher and bowl sets, white pictures, and a yellow bowl and pitcher that belonged to my Grandmother. An old yellow tinted picture of cats that came from my Grandmothers, and a white framed picture that I had bought for Mama. The comforter has beige and browns and cream and some oranges. I used the browns and oranges for Daddy, but I think and am going to try to pick up bright yellow. When the lights go out, there is no light. That's the way I wanted it to be, so we could take turns getting sleep with Daddy at night. So, b/c it is so dark, the lamps and lights make a sweet glow, and I think the yellow would make it more feminine. All the furniture is solid wood, so that sets a manly atmosphere to some, but I love wood. I have an armless small leather bottom rocker that I am going to use, and a bright yellow printed quilt that I found. And some where there are going to be yellow roses!! This was the son's room of the previous owners. So, it is pretty boyish. I am taking the wallpaper border down from around the ceiling. That is making a real difference. Looks more feminine already. And I have some cream pillows that have lace and crochet, so I can probably find some yellow to throw in with them. That's all I have so far. In my mind any way, don't even have the furniture and we had a bad night and morning this a.m. with Daddy and we are not sure how the weather my be by tomorrow.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Creek, kudos to you for all your hard work. Really feels good to accomplish a project like that doesn't it? Your DH is a real sweetheart for agreeing to the long drive to pick up the bedroom set for you. I'm sure he knows the stress you have had and just wants to do something to make you smile. He deserves lots of hugs for sure. ;o)

I've had my son over helping me clear out DH's office/computer room so I can relate to your big project. I'm keeping a desk and some file cabinets in there, but plan on putting a twin bed in as well. Couldn't believe he had so much "stuff" in one small room! LOL I couldn't have done it without DS help, I didn't even know what a lot of the items were!

I like your idea of adding yellow with your brown/cream colors. Will brighten and lighten it allot. I'm working with a black/tweed looking carpet and black desk/file cabinets. I too was thinking about using yellow on at least the wall where the bed will go because I love the look of black against yellow-but don't want to make this room too feminine. (Will do my best to keep my roses out of there!) LOL

Keep us posted on your progress, okay?

Luvs