Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

milosmom

nana2010_gw
13 years ago

Has anyone heard from Milosmom?

She hasn't posted anything for quite a while.

I hope all is well with her.

NanaKaren

Comments (14)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

NanaKaren,
    I was thinking about her and miss seeing her
    beautiful tables and buffet all decorated.
    Karen hasn't been here for a few days either and
    that's not like her. Hopefully they are just busy
    and all is well.

Let's all send a few prayers their
    way just in case.

Punk

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I've been missing her also. I think the tornados this weekend were real close to her. We need to say an extra prayer.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I know Karen is busy taking care of her Dad right now. He's requiring more assistance than before he went in the hospital. She will be back posting with us as soon as she feels able.

Don't know about Milosmom. Does anybody have a phone number or is her email addy on her page here? Maybe send her an email letting her know she is missed.

Very sweet of you to do this post, Nana. If they get a chance to read any, they will know they were missed.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Hey Gang. I hope MM checks in, and she stayed safe thru the tornados!

Sorry to be missing the last couple of days. I've gotten a bit overwhelmed with all the care Dad is needing. And yes there are people now coming in for various things, tho I wish that wasn't necessary. Some days it seems like Grand Central Station here (sigh). I'm having to help him turn over every 2 hrs as he is just too weak to do anything. He can't feed himself even. He has some bedsores on his ankles that are a worry too. I am staying exhausted and stressed, so just haven't been able to post.
    I am trying to catch up tonight, and pretend I'm a normal person again.
    And I am trying NOT to think about the job of taking the Christmas decor down and getting it all repacked. Not sure how I'm going to get that done. Anybody have a Genie in a Bottle they could loan me? LOL.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh Karen, I'm so sorry for the difficult time you are going through with your Dad. Try not to think about taking the Christmas decor down. The worst that can happen is that it gets a little dusty!! I wish we could all get on the bus and come and help you. Please take care of yourself as best as you can.
    God Bless,
    NanaKaren

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

So good to hear from you, purplemoon! Take it each day at a time (easier said than done)...heck with the decor...your plate is full with DD! It will wait for you & all the other necessities right now in your life will not! I'm glad you've come back late a night here for a little personaltime & therapy! Reaching out with a hug, Karen. Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Karen
    I am glad your Dad is home, but sorry about the extra work.
    Wouldn't it be fun if we could all really get on the bus and visit each others homes IRL? Just enjoy your decorations until you have the time and energy to pack them away.
    Since I have been out of touch, I didn't know MM was MIA, but hope she is just busy and/or traveling over the holidays.

Take care everyone,
    Candy

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

((((((everyone)))))).
    Thank you all for your concern. I think I'm still functioning but definatly not at a normal level.
    I haven't been here in what seems like forever. :(
    We ended 2010 on a real lousy note around here and steamrolled into '11 in the same fashion.
    The tornados didn't get us thankfully , but the horrific wind was close enough to scare the jeebers out of me.
    My Mom took a nasty fall the day before Thanksgiving damaging her knee quite badly and my step dad developed some serious complications with blood clots to his lungs that turned difficult to control resulting in the flow of oxygen to his brain being compromised. We spent Christmas in the hospital and he is now stable but there has been some damage causing him to become quite the handful to deal with as far as panic episodes and nervousness ect over little things. I've been spending more and more time trying to keep things on an even keel there and keeping their ranch functioning.
    My Father in Law isn't doing very well (5 yr cancer struggle) and to top it off I'm working double time since a long battle of trying to evict a rental tenant has finally came to a bitter end and the house was left quite damaged.
    We've practically had to gut 2 rooms and progressed through much remodeling in that area. Still have to go to court over the former tenant issues but that's how that sometimes works out unfortunatly. More of a nusiance to me but it's part of the job.
    I miss you all terribly and sure hope to get everything settled soon and get back here to playing and enjoying your creativity. Packing away Christmas has happened in small incraments as I've been able to get home but it's slowly getting there.
    ((Karen)), Major hugs to you and prayers for both yourself and your Dad. I'm sorry you're carrying such a load but DO remember , it is OK to ask for/accept h-e-l-p! That is the one bridge I've had to cross lately as normally my personality is to handle everything and carry on but sometimes it's just to much.
    Carrying forward here but will be back soon. :)
    Luvs to all.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Milosmom, Good to hear from you!!! Sorry to hear that you've been having problems with your folks. It seems 2010 hasn't been kind to many here on this Forum. Let's hope that 2011 is better for everyone!!
    I'll be thinking of and keeping you in my prayers.
    Hope you are able to join in again regularly soon.
    NanaKaren

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

((((hugs))) to all of you who are struggling as caregivers and trying to live a normal life. It is not easy at all. I was caregiver to my late husband through-out his 10 month battle with an agressive cancer and had hospice in to help the last month or so and then again with my aging mother. We had hospice in the last 2 years of her life. You find that your whole life, schedule revolves around meds, assistance and just being there for them. It is a tough job but a rewarding one also. My only advice to both of you is to be willing to ask for help and to accept any that is offered. We are not superwomen. The church ladies in my mothers Sunday School class were always asking what they could get Mom and I kept saying nothing until I decided that they really did want to help so I told them the only thing she eats is babyfood (peas, carrots and beans) and Hersey Kisses. Well from that point on I never had to buy babyfood or Kisses again and those ladies were so happy to 'help'. It is the small things that count :)

Sorry to be long winded here but kinda wanted to share since I was MIA for many of the same reasons. What you gals are doing is giving the very best you can - yourselves to help those you love ((hugs)) again .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Good to hear from you, MM...will add you to good thoughts & prayers from this end.

Hospice...was a Godsend for us with my Mom! Great people/great blessings!

& I also found out as lynnenc, accept what help you can ...cause friends/family/acquaintance REALLY do mean it when they ask what they can do...the simpliest things makes a lighter load! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

MM, good to hear from you and it sounds like you have a full plate. Remember to take care of yourself along the way. As others have said, let others lend that helping hand. When I offer to help others, it comes from the heart and I feel good when they accept. I just rec'd a card of thanks yesterday and it gave me a warm feeling reading it.

Hospice...is more than Wonderful and anyone who needs them should call. Thanks Jeanne for bringing this up for those who haven't been a part of this situation.

Punk

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

I totally agree about hospice being wonderful - While is was sad that I have had to use them twice in the past 7 years it was also comforting knowing that I had many of the same team helping me - we were comfortable with each other right from the start.

My prayer for everyone on this forum dealing with family health issues that God will lay his healing hand on them. As our parents age we will all be faced with these issues and he will get us through the good and the bad times .....

Lynne

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

MM good to hear from you. So sorry for all the health issues in your family and if that weren't enough, dealing with rental tenant as well.
    I agree with the others here...if you're offered help - accept it. People would not offer if they didn't mean it and to have such caring people is a God Send. You also have to care for yourself as well. Harsh as it might sound, if you don't, you won't be good for any one or anything.
    My prayers are with you and your family to help bring you through this tough time.

jane

Sponsored
Leading Local Home Remodelers | Newport News, VA
More Discussions