Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Winter Hutch Pics

phonegirl
12 years ago

This is how I decorated my hutch after Christmas. Nothing fancy but a new look. I'm hoping to get it decorated for Valentine's Day soon.

Punk

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, I am so happy you got this hutch, punk!

Wow! I love the 'snowy' theme going on here & all the 'whites' ... w/the silvery, pastel blues...all those cute lil' snowy figurines & your assortment of cups!

The big white dinnerplates w/those smaller snowman colored plates look terrific tog for the backgrd! And your stemware is so pretty!... w/the crystal snowflakes are such really is striking!

TFS, punk! I am missing our 'slow-down' on this site...I think 'Pinterest' is taking over! It's pretty awesome, I hear from several people. Just not enough hrs in the day for all of it, right!
    TFS, punk! Jeanne S.

• party_music50
    12 years ago

Beautiful hutch and very nicely arranged/decorated!

Jeanne is missing the 'slow-down'? now I must research 'Pinterest'.... hmmmmm....

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Jeanne and Party Music for your comments. I found a couple of boxes of Christmas ornaments today that might be cute for Valentines decor. Some with green hearts and some with buttons on them.

Maybe this will help get me motivated to change things soon. I had to work yesterday so one day off doesn't work well for me.LOL We are planning to hire another gal to work with us so that should help too. However we are back to thinking it might be time to start building.Sigh

I only see what Karen shares with us from 'Pinterest'. Your so right Jeanne, not enough hrs in the day for all of it!

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Punk..your hutch looks just lovely.
    I too like how everything is arranged. I like the layering of your dishes and all the little snow people which go perfectly with your dishes.
    Your stemware and the snowflakes add such a frosty
    effect.
    It's been so bitter cold here for several days and your
    hutch certainly says 'Winter' !! lol
    jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL....VERY beautiful. I love how you've done it for 'winter'! And its such a great piece of furniture too.

(Luvs is going to LUV all the Snowman decor for sure!)

Jeanne, things usually slow down right after Christmas, but this year seemed to BEFORE even. A lot of our regular gang didn't come back, which surprised me. I know some of past members are mostly blogging, and some post on Home Decor forum, but sure wish they could spend more time with us here too. Miss them.

I'm totally addicted to that darn Pinterest, and spend hours on it during the wee hours of non-sleeping, but it will never keep me away from here. ;o)
    However my lack of decorating spirit has sure been a problem!! My plans for winter decor got tossed aside because of my slowness in putting away Christmas stuff. Now Valentines is just around the corner. I'm feeling VERY disorganized and not in the least bit creative. And I HATE it. I want to go back to the way I was before last year. To do all the holidays and seasons and have fun with it. I always feel bad too that I post a lot here but have little to SHOW you now. ;o( Tho I am saving a lot of holiday photos from Pinterest onto a Holiday board (album) I set up there. So hopefully will have things y'all like seeing even if not my own decor.
    I keep saying its a good thing I'm up most all night every night, gives me plenty of time to browse Pinterest and blogs and look for neat stuff. Otherwise I'd probably lose a lot of sleep staying online. LOL.

I check our Forum quickly each morning, during the afternoon usually, and then get on at night to hang out longer. This is my true addiction, LOL. So when there's little posting, I feel deprived.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

punk...you're definitely a 'cheerleader' in my book! All that energy...some of the Holiday-ers have pegged you as the Energizer bunny ...so that works, too! Love everything you post! So enjoyable!!!

party...always a pleasure to see your baskets esp! Such an art! Yes, check Pinterest, but don't leave us! (please)

purplemoon...love all the sharing from blogs & Pinterest (lately) that you share! It's like getting whipped cream on top of hot chocolate!!! (your blogs & your own home)!!! Both taste very good w/or w/out the other! And now you've created a 'folder' thinkin' of us here! ;-)
    Also hope that you can find your Holiday 'spirit' & enjoy doing a little bit of it for yourself over the upcoming Holidays. Jeanne S.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Punk, I agree with all the above comments. Love your hutch and decor.

Wish I could get motivated. I didn't even put out most of my Christmas decorations. I bought a new smaller tree this year. It is one of the cashmere ones. I fell in love with it at the store and they were so popular that the display model was all they had and I got it. So glad I did. I didn't even take a picture of it decorated and I always do that. I am in a real funk. I sure need a swift kick in the behind. Who wants to volunteer?

I am going to set my paints out and I won't put them away until I have painted something! When I get something done, I will post it if I can remember how...it's been so long since the last one.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Marylee

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Punk, Your hutch looks wonderful in it's winter garb. The snowmen are so cheerful and don't mind the cold weather at all lol!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you for Valentine's Day.
    Nana

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Lovely, Punk! I don't decorate my china closet except for Cmas, and I didn't even do that this year!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Beautiful hutch...love the wintery feel of it all. The weather here has been so weird...one day in the 60's, the next it's 30. I've had my snowman flags out to put outside for two weeks now, but just can't seem to put them out in such mild weather! Love your snowman dishes and snowflakes!

This isn't the only slow forum, so I'm hoping people will jump back in when they get back to decorating.

Thanks for sharing!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your comments on my hutch. I want to start redecorating it but not sure what I want. Every time I look at it makes me think it's to much work to start.haha With all the snow it's making me want to go back to the pines and berries.hum

Marlene, can I come visityou?LOL I bet it's hard to think snowman when your weather is so nice alright. I'm sure not liking our cold, snowy weather right now. However, it's been a wonderful winter until now.haha

Punk

• Brynn_ND
    12 years ago

I love your Snow Bear pattern plates. I miss some many Pfaltzgraff patterns, which were discontinued.