Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Glass Bird

kirkus
13 years ago

Hi Everyone! Thank you for all of your inspirational ideas!!!! This post really isn't about holiday decorations but, after seeing all of your wonderful creations, lends itself toward creating a place setting. :o)

I took my two youngest children "thrifting" today. My wife went to a baby shower, and we just HAD to get out of the house. :o) We found LOTS of treasures at our local, small town, thrift stores! One of the treasures I found was a brownish/gold, painted, heavy, stone bird for 50 cents. When I started cleaning the bird, the ugly paint began rubbing off. I found a white GLASS bird underneath. The bird was handpainted with BEAUTIFUL flowers and the artist's name on the bottom. I looked up the artist online to find her pieces selling for $15 to $20!

When my wife came home, I showed her the beautiful bird. She asked, "Is this for me?!!!" How could I say no? :o) Soooo, I gave my wife the beautiful bird. Without hesitating, she immediately placed the bird with one of the many teacup sets I inherited from my mother who passed away a few years back.

I couldn't believe it! The bird was a perfect match to the teacup set!!!! I told my wife that she should create a table setting with the bird, the teacup set, and other dishes! :o)

Had to share a little find that brightened our day and seemed meant to be!

Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:130483}}

{{gwi:130484}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions