Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

neat tiered dish

Purplemoon
13 years ago

One of the Garden Junk gals makes and sells a lot of glass totems for the yard, but I saw this candle 'n candy dish in her Etsy shop. What a neat idea she had on this piece!

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: candle n candy tiered dish

Comments (12)

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Karen, That is really pretty. I like that. I was going to try to make a tiered candy dish with the lamp parts and dishes and drilling of holes, but this idea is a whole lot easier. Since I have already bought all the parts and the drill bit, I will go ahead a try my candy dish. If I succeed, I will try to post a picture. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Karen, I really like that. I had seen something similar and had found three glasses to use for it. The picture I had seen didn't have the bottom plate--I like the addition of the bottom plate--and it had some flowers or something in the glasses. When I was ready to put mine together, I couldn't find the picture and couldn't remember what to put in them! They are still sitting on the shelf in the laundry room! I should find a plate to go with them and do this, huh? Not sure I want to permanently glue them together--hard to store that way.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Very nice...but I'm with luvs, the storage issue...(ugh)...on GJ she shares her totems & such...finds wonderful pcs & has a great eye for shape & form, colors, etc. TFS, PM! Jeanne S.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting the idea and link - I really like that. I use to go to Garden Junk all the time but got out of the habit - now that we are into the new year and spring will be here before we know it I think I had better check the place out again. The totems have been on my to do list for several years ~~sigh~~ so many neat ideas and so little time :D .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I began my Forum life on Garden Junk, and some really great folks there (quite a few of them are here now too. Yay).
    I haven't been posting on GJ but I still check things out.
    They keep that Forum pretty much On Topic, but also have a Conversations side where you can chat about anything and everything like we do here.)

Marylee, the absolute best glue is GE Silicone II for doors and windows. The clear. It holds up rain, shine, freezing, or 118 degrees. You can take things apart without too much trouble by simply running a razor blade along where you glued.
    I glued my stacked plates due to my cats, and my own clumsiness. LOL

Lynne, don't forget I set up Inspiration Albums for GJ too.
    Something like 18 different ones and over a 1000 photos...
    like ours for holidays. ;o) The totem album is probably my favorite on GJ. I love those things. I've made over a dozen for my yard.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk Inspiration Albums

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Pretty! But like Luvs, I would want to take them apart.
    Karen, I still remember your first post here, your stacked plates that arrived broken, but you fixed them! :)

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Karen - thanks so much for the Garden Junk album link - I see another evening or 2 or 3 in cyber glory. My life was hit or miss the last couple of years while caring for my mother but now I can get back into it full tilt and my gardens are a big part of it which was why I spent so much time at Garden Junk in the beginning .....

Lynne

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Karen, I also thank you for the Garden Junk album link. It is great. I have done a couple bowling balls. I still want to do a lady bug but bowling balls are really hard to find at garage sales. I used to have four but gave them away a few years ago. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! One of the reasons I hate to get rid of things. I always need them later.

Thank you for mentioning the Garden Junk forum. I didn't know about it and I am certainly going to look at it.

Marylee

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Very pretty filled with all the candy and candle. Thanks.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kathleen, you have quite a memory! Yep, my plates arrived with some chips and I wouldn't return them because they had no more to replace them with. So they nicely went ahead and refunded my money when I said I was keeping them.
    Decorated, you can't the see the little rim chips in the two of them.

Marylee, do you need the link to GJ?
    hugs, Karen

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Karen, I already found the link and I have them on my favorites list. That is a really neat forum. I have already posted a comment re: some beautiful snow pictures. Thank you so much for checking to see if I needed the link. I think you are a really nice and thoughtful lady.

Marylee

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Karen, I just read the post where you tell me about the GE silicone 11. Thank you! I have made a note of it.

Marylee

Sponsored
More Discussions