Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Winter Kiss Snowflake Table and Buffet

phonegirl
12 years ago

This is my dining room winter wonderland.LOL DD brought me the big Kiss years ago and gave me the snowflake plates for Christmas. If I don't have time to set a table for Valentines Day this might be it. Kind of a nice change of color.

TJ, has her snowflake outfit on Thanks to Aunt Jeanne! Also a pair of DGD's black shades to match. It's been nice to have some sunshine to enjoy this winter. We only have an inch of snow but more is on the way. Darn, I was enjoying no snow for a while.

I had picked up the little soldier place card holders this year. Set them out with a couple of kisses to let them know we care.

New little white birds I bought as Michaels. They are glittery but doesn't show in the picture. Added a glass ball w/snowflake beside them for a little bling.

We had to go pick up DS at the airpost friday night and stopped at Target. Silver and aqua trees for .20 ea. I also got the other trees and skirts for $1 ea.

Closeup of centerpiece on buffet.

I'll post my winter hutch another time.

Punk

Comments (12)

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Wow Punk, Your table is Delightful!! It so bright and cheerful. It is like snow glistening in the sun on a bright winter's day. I love the big Kiss and your new Snowflake plates. Your DD really knows what to buy for you. The Buffet coordinates perfectly. TJ is adorable in her new outfit from Aunt Jeanne and the sunglasses From your DGD.
    I'll smile today every time I think about this table.
    TFS
    Nana

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Besides the beautiful color of this table, what caught my eye were your napkins! Love how they are folded. .20 for the trees?? That's some good after Christmas shopping finds right there for sure. Love the plates, just love everything about this table.
    Stay warm :)
    Kath

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Love the colors, and .20 for the trees, amazing!
    It is beautiful, Punk!

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

The buffet and the table look marvelous.
    The price you paid for those trees was almost robbery.
    Nice gesture on the soldier place card holders.
    The repetition of the snowflakes from the plates to the table scatters and the blue ornies is brilliant.

TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

'Icy Blue'...such a beautiful color for this table Punk.
    Wow - .20 for those trees..now that was a great buy! I love them and also the blue ornaments.
    The snowflake plates from DD look so pretty in this setting. The lacy placemats and snowflakes look so striking against the dark TC.
    I like how you balanced your CP with the Kiss, trees and glitter birds...very pretty look.
    I agree that your buffet coordinates perfectly ..and it looks like TJ loves everything too..lucky little girl!!

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

So TJ needed 'shades' cause of your table's Brilliance!!
    ;o) Love it.
    Everything is so pretty, and festive! Especially the buffet decor. I agree with the others on the tree prices.
    WOW, what buys those were!
    The whole tablesetting is wonderful...I probably wouldn't let anyone sit there and mess it up. LOL.
    (Oh, the soldiers with the kisses is so touching)

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your sweet comments.

Nana, Jeanne didn't send TJ's new outfit she just gave me the knudge to change her outfit.LOL

Kath, DD gave me the napkins and a center piece that match. Kathleen gave us a site that shows how to make them if you're interested. We could probably come up with it. I found this site that shows how to make them. I haven't shared a link in a long time so we'll see if it works.
    http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/elprojects/pdf/PR1522.pdf

Candy, I bought the soldier place cards for Memorial, Verterns or Labar Day tables but set them out for this one too.

Jane, I received a santa for Christmas that has these same colors and he is beautiful. Didn't think I should use him as the cp so will have to share him at Christmas this year.

Karen, Can hardly wait till DGD see's TJ with her shades on. We bought her several pairs of glasses for Christmas at Clairs in the mall. She left 3 pairs here to play with.

I bought some other lg trees at great buys that I will share with all of you when I have time. I had never seen these little trees with skirts that matched before so was happy to bring them home. The two lg pinecones are ornaments too.

I had a late night at the office and drove home in a ground blizzard. It's been a long time since I've had to deal with this kind of weather. Pretty scary when you don't know where the road is for sure. Thanks again for all the comments.

Punk

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Tree Napkin

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Those soldier place card holders w/the candy kisses...now how in the world did you come up w/that idea on this Winter Kiss Snowflake t'scape!!! Love it! You are so good at adding something completely different than what I expect, punk! WOW!

The colors...just POP...& those pretty lil' birds on the candlesticks...love 'em ...& then you add them w/a great big smackin' KISS (nice gift from DD)! Love the dark t'cloth, too & that dark plate you added in the placesettings! The square snowflake plates are gorgeous! Also as everyone else has said, the 'trees!' Those silver/aqua bargain 'cents' trees are so pretty & perfect here! And the placemats, napkins & flatware all coordinate so well!

Just WOW, punk! Love it! It will certainly take your Val's table's place!!! & TJ looks just as cute as can be sitting there! All she needs now is one of the 'fluffy' scarves (in aqua or silver, of course) to throw around her neck & enjoy all this frou frou! TFS, punk! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Wow, Punk, what pretty colors and they really do give the "frosty" feel. Your hutch looks fantastic too. Your DD sure finds you some pretty dishes, she has good taste. I love that the tree shaped napkins are the perfect color for this table. I remember saving that idea and wanting to make some of those too. If I started now, do you think I could make a set by next Christmas???? LOL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, are you kidding??? I'm the one who flies by the seat of my pants and is always thinking outside the box.LOL TJ does need a 'fluffy' scarf. Can you help out on this one Aunt Jeanne?haha

Luvs, I think you could get a set made for next Christmas! This pattern could be neat using some material w/acorns(hint, hint) for autumn too, don't u think?

Thanks Jeanne and Luvs for your sweet comments. Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

LOL, punk! TS'ing yesterday w/a friend on our nice last weather day (50's) & got Dollbaby a couple more cute outfits for $2 ea ... my friend would ask, "Is this for your gr'gd or your doll?" Then she would smile! Well, she was right...Dolllbaby scored 2 , Gr-GD, scored 1! I used to crochet those scarves...TJ might get one yet! LOL! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, sounds like a fun shopping spree with DF. Laughed when I read this "Is this for your gr'gd or your doll?" I haven't bought TJ anything but will be on the lookout if I ys this year.

I use to crochet too. DM made alot of scarves but I never made any. The only thing I've crocheted in years is the tops on some kitchen towels.

Punk

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County
More Discussions