Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Happy New Year Table

phonegirl
10 years ago

Another year behind us. I'm thinking it's time for a New's Years Resolution that I follow through with.
How about all of you?

DH already went to bed so there won't be any NY's kiss this year! And you guessed it, no celebration
going on either. The kids are coming down tomorrow and I haven't decided what's for dinner. Holidays
falling on hump day doesn't work well for me.

Here's our New Years table ready for the count down tho. OA and Nana thought these dishes would
be a good choice for New Years too so that made it easy to set this ts. DM's anniversary clock on
one of her silver/gold platters is the centerpiece for this table.

TJ was a sport and stayed up for the countdown w/me!

This is the chandy decorated from our Christmas table w/streamers added.

Hope all of you have a wonderful New Years Day tomorrow. It's 11:54 here right now so time to
watch the count down! Fireworks are going off down town.
Happy New Years everyone.

Punk

Comments (7)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Wonderful Happy New Year Table Punk!
    I thought those dishes would look good and they do!The black tc, flatware, beaded placemats, black chargers and gold underplates accent the dishes beautifully
    Your Mom's anniversary clock is the perfect center piece
    i love the streamers and black garland you used on your chandie.
    The hutch looks fabulous too.
    But what I love the most is TJ staying up to help you bring in the New Year.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Nana and OA were right....those dishes work perfectly for a New Years
    Table. The color theme of black -silver and gold is very elegant.
    Made me smile that you used your Mom's clock for your CP....great
    for 'The Countdown' . Your over head streamers add a very festive touch...
    It's a shame there was no one there to party with you....oh
    wait...I'm wrong....there's TJ ! Love how you dressed her up for the occasion....hat, noise maker and streamers! So cute.
    Don't feel bad ..I was in PJs by 8....and DH and I ordered take out!
    We laughed as we remembered the 'party animal' days of New Years
    Eves past! Lol
    Enjoy your New Year's Day with your family...
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Nana and Jane for all the sweet comments. DD is working today. The company we sold to and she stayed on with as a district manager only believes in closing for two holidays a year.(Christmas & Thanksgiving) DS, DSIL and DGD came down for awhile and just left to go get DH's plow truck.

Jane, LMBO, 'Don't feel bad ..I was in PJs by 8....and DH and I ordered take out!
    We laughed as we remembered the 'party animal' days of New Years Eves past!' isn't that the truth tho! I don't believe I had one drink last year!

Punk

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Punk, you are the quick change artist!! Those dishes are wonderful for this table and TJ is just too cute!

I haven't even bothered to finish my last Christmas table and you have created 2!! Both equally stunning!

The colors are fab and the chandy looks great! Another beautiful and artistic table!

I did not have to work today, but was out of gas, so watched the parade on the Hallmark channel and then finally got moving and created a silk floral arrangement from some of the goodies I picked up at clearance sales.

It will be a CP for one of my tables at the ladies luncheon next Nov., but will use it now for Snowman décor after I put away Christmas!! I have picked several things to use for my hostess gifts too!

It started snowing here and was quite cold, so did not venture out today, LOL

Happy New Year,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Kind of nice & cozy to stay inside on these cold Winter nights (& days) ~~ so I'm glad TJ stayed up with you, punk...she looks just so good in black!!! I stayed up, too ...but hubby slept thru it...fun to remember back to the 'party days,' like Jane mentioned!

Using your DM's clock is just a wonderful idea ...the the clock itself for winding down the old year & welcoming the new! I still What china closet is that one!!! You changed out a whole china closet again ...girl, send me some of that energy, will ya! Wow, it's lovely w/blacks & silver! & of course, your candlelight ...I will always think of your decor as 'warm candlelight.' TFS your New Year's Eve, punk! ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Wow! You are right on time with a clever table setting. I'm still struggling to put away my Christmas table things.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Candy, do I dare say, I've already started on my Snowman table? I think it's great to be able to stay indoors when it's
    cold outside. Enjoy your scores!

Jeanne, that is the same hutch I've had that I picked up for
    $25 from one of DD's neighbors. Remember, the one that
    the top shelf broke in when Roweena was hanging out? So
    glad you enjoyed another ts.

F2BH, I have such a busy life style that I have to do things
    fast and furious most of the time to keep up. Hoping to
    spend less time at the office this year. If that happens I
    will be elated. Just loved your Christmas ts!

Thanks ladies for all the sweet comments. :)Punk

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions