Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Keepsakes from Karen

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Thought you might enjoy seeing some pictures of the things Karen gave me when I visited her.

The floral plates had belonged to her Mom, and she wanted them to come home with me since she knows how crazy I am about anything with roses on it. The one with the small roses all over it is my most favorite, so delicate and sweet. She also gave me four napkins with gorgeous roses, a little gold candle holder, and a wonderful friendship jar she had made for me.There was also a darling windchime, but I've already hung it on the patio.

See this darling snow family plate? It is so sweet, I just love it. And the two santa plates are from a set of four she had--she kept two and gave me two, so fun to share them. ;o)

Aren't these all wonderful? I feel so fortunate to have been able to meet Karen and part of her family in person.

Luvs

Comments (21)

• lindasewandsew
    15 years ago

Hi Luvs, Glad you had a nice trip and got to meet Karen. What a lot of nice goodies!! I'm jealous. Maybe next time, I'll meet up with you guys. Call me and fill me in on the trip. Linda

• garden2garden
    15 years ago

Hey Luvs, I LUV your plates! Especially the pink roses with the green edge. Yummy. Love the colors on those Santa plates, too. My friend and I do that. Will buy a pair of something or a set and send half to each other. Such nice momentos of a lovely visit and a good friend.
    Donna

• leveta
    15 years ago

That is so nice and what a sweet ideal of the plate shareing...

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Those precious keep sakes are so darling and special. How generous and kind of you and Karen to shower each other with gifts!!!!!!!!!! How blessed you both are!!!!

Susie

• ncnana
    15 years ago

What a lovely collection of floral plates. Love the Christmas plates too. - Gail

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

How nice of Karen to give her mom's plates a LUV ing home! I know they will always be special to you!
    And the snowmen are cute cute!!!
    The napkins will be wonderful for a pretty tablesetting...hmmm Valentine's Day is coming!!

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

Those plates are really pretty. I too, love the one with the roses all over. You each exchanged some special treasures. Enjoy, and TFS
    jane

• donnawb
    15 years ago

I think that is so sweet and you sure did get some beautiful plates.

• jaybird
    15 years ago

Ahhh Luvs, that plate with the rose garland is so sweet!
    Karen picked the perfect gifts!

• Bright199
    15 years ago

What wonderful gifts! Karen is a very sweet person and so are you luvs!! Soo shabby chic all the rose plates. You will have to set a special table and show us photos.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Did you all notice that the pics actually enlarged when you click on them? Photobucket has apparently fixed the problem. Yahoo!

So nice to be able to share these special treasures with all of you, makes it even more special. My DH just said "yeah, that's nice". Men! LOL

Now I can hardly wait for next Christmas so I can display and use my snowmen plates and the cute little house from the antique mall. Hard to have to pack them away.

I had posted a link over on the Garden Junk forum so the gals there could see these too. Ladies thanks for coming over to take a look and for all your sweet comments too. I think both Karen and I had fun finding things we thought each other would like.

Luvs

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Luvs, what a friend you have found in Karen when she knows exactly the things you would like with the rose plates and that she would give you some of her mother's plates, that is so special! I haven't heard of a friendship jar before. I enlarged the pic but can't really see what is in it...looks like there is a verse (?) on it. It sounds like a wonderful idea for a gift. That snowman family plate is terrific!

DD

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

W O N D E R F U L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    W ~ O ~ N ~ D ~ E ~ R ~ F ~ U ~ L ! ! ! ! ! !

W * O * N * D * E * R * F * U * L ! ! ! ! ! !

Just like Lawrence Welk says.....

Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Much Luvs for
    You
    and Ms Karen Sharing your Precious Story
    and
    to share your pics with us !!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll are inspiring all of us !!!!!!
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine

*** Thanks to the DH's for helping in the
    TRIP * * * and for the Extra $ $ $ $ for
    Treasures... OOPS>>>> HOPE I Didn't

tee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

What a great friend . . such nice things!
    Oh Karen . . . how soon do you think you can talk your DH into visiting New Mexico??????
    ;^P Lynn

• akup_a
    15 years ago

I think it is so cool to get to meet in person those friends made through the net. I'm glad the two of you hooked up. And such lovely gifts. It shows the warmth & love of the giver.
    Luvs, I think you have to come through Texas on your way to New Mexico, don't you?
    Vickie

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

DD, the Friendship is really sweet I think. I filled the jar with special little things and then taped the 'saying' to the outside of the jar. During Xmas I sent out a couple of these, but held Luvs back till her visit.
    Here's what the jar is filled with, and what it says....

Friendship Jar

A Candle meant to light your way
    A Flower brightens every day
    A Tiny Sponge to dry your tears
    and soak up all those needless fears
    A Band-Aid meant to help you mend
    your feelings when they ache
    Erasers come in handy when
    you've made a big mistake
    A Paper Clip reminds me of
    how close I feel to you
    A Candy gives you something sweet
    when you are feeling blue
    A Rubber band - a great big Squeeze
    A Chocolate Kiss is sure to please
    A Button - cause my lips are sealed,
    your secrets all inside
    A Golden Thread that's in a knot
    to say our hearts are tied
    A Magic Star to wish upon
    to make your dreams come true
    A Little Heart - cause that's the place
    where I shall cherish you!!!

hugs, Karen

• mo13
    15 years ago

Karen, that is a great saying. Its beautiful and touching and sure to be cherished!

And the rose plates are so you, Luvs. I love all those dishes. The roses in the center are beautiful and have a special history too. Lovely!

Mo

• prosperity66
    15 years ago

What a beautiful saying... or poem! Also love the plates and napkins! They are splendid!
    But I experienced how much Karen is a generous lady and am sure Luvs will cherish these beautiful things preciously!!!

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Karen, thanks for sharing that poem and the things for the friendship jar, what a great idea! I may have to make some of those myself!

DD

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

DD, I got the jar at Michaels as they had the perfect size with lid. And picked up wood hearts and stars, and some pretty buttons there too. It was fun to put these together. Besides the Friendship Jar, there is another similar one I recently saw.
    Its called a Gift Survival Kit....

Toothpick -
    to remind you to pick out the good qualities in others

Rubber band -
    to remind you to be flexible, things might not always be the way you want, but it will work out

Band-aid -
    to remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else's

Pencil (use the small ones like from the golf course)
    - to remind you to list your blessings everyday

Eraser -
    to remind you that everyone makes mistakes and its OK

Chewing gum -
    to remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything

Mint - to remind you that you are worth a mint

Candy kiss -
    to remind you that everyone needs a kiss or a hug everyday

Tea bag -
    to remind you to relax daily and reflect on all the positive things in your life

hugs, Karen

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Another great idea, Karen. Never heard of such a thing before and now there are two different types of jars to make!

DD

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus
More Discussions