Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Christmas on Jan 24

Purplemoon
13 years ago

Christmas has come again! And I think our Jeanne must have a touch of ESP as her gifts couldn't have arrived on a more needed day!

Just when I thought all the paperwork nightmare was finally over for getting my Dad into the care center...I find its apparently not. I won't bore you with all the details, but I'll be surprised if Dad gets in this week either. And now there's a big Medicare issue as well which could cost us about $2000 if they don't come thru.

So after I got off the phone this morning, with two different ladies trying to get things done for us, I was pretty bummed out at more problems. Stress RULES! Ugh.

Then the mailman rings the door with big box of goodies from Mz Jeanne. A really neat Snowman figurine, a box of votive candles, a wonderful book with pretty vintage pictures, some of Jeanne's fantastic notecards with photography of her cardinals, a lovely little vase, and some real Iowa pinecones! Woo Hooo. Merry Christmas to me! LOL. Boy was this ever a HUGE day-brightner!

Thank you so much, Jeanne, tho words are inadequate for how you made me feel.

hugs, Karen

Comments (8)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen,

Jeanne's timing sending all these goodies was perfect. So glad to hear this brightened your day. Sounds like she sent some fantastic things.

Now we have to hope dad's paperwork will fall in place for you.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Karen,
    Isn't great when things look bleak, something can come along to let the sun shine through.
    Jeanne's timing and thoughtfulness seem to have done just that. I hope the ladies who are helping you can cut through the red tape quickly.
    NanaKaren

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Karen - So glad to hear you had a ray of sunshine today. I know that Jeanne's gift really lifted your spirits. I hope that the situation with your father's care is resolved soon. - Marylee

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wow, I just mailed that box on Fri...so that was fast delivery!!! Glad you enjoyed, Karen! Yes, Merry (belated) Christmas! I thought it was time to pass that snowman onto you...since it is a lavendar(kinda' like purple) in color...I've had 10 yrs or so...& liked it so much cause the snowman is holding a book! & since in Phoenix you don't get snowmen...you needed at least ONE! LOL!

The little dark purple glass vase is vintage...at least I don't think it's a replica...I spotted it at a consignment store some mos. back & watched it until, low & behold, it was reduced....& then I knew it was meant to be! For "Purplemoon!" I have a duplicate that was from my Mother...I think they were produced in the late 1940's...cause it was a gift from G'ma to my Mom in her early married life.

I am so sorry to hear that there is STILL MORE HASSLE for you & DD! Ugh! Hope that the STRESS of the day brings progress w/your phone calls & all! Hugs to you, PM! Jeanne S. :-)

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I sure things get better for you, Karen. It is a nightmare, I know.
    So sweet of J to send you some sunshine!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

It sure sounds like Jeanne had great timing on that nice box of goodies!

Medical stuff sure is not fun is it? Always "hurry up and wait". Sure hope they get all the issues resolved and get him in there so both of you can recuperate a bit.

Luvs

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

How fabulous that Jeanne knew just the right time to send you that care package. I would say you have made some great friends on this forum, which hopefully, makes up for the fair weather "friend" that left when you needed her.

Way to go Jeanne!!

HUGS to both of you,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You are so right, Candy. Everyone here is so wonderful.
    Jeanne, Luvs, and Kirk all go back to my first Forum moments when I stumbled on Garden Junk years ago! Then I met others there who became friends, and I'm so happy they come here now too. Especially since I lurk mostly on GJ now. (no energy for garden stuff these days).

It never ceases to amaze me how you can meet someone online and feel this instant connection. I've been so blessed to have found both these Forums. They came into my life at a time I really needed, as if it was "meant to be" for me to find them. My old life was undergoing so many changes...I was a bit lost to say the least. Maybe my guardian angel pushed just the right button on the keyboard, LOL. I sure never knew about Forums like this.

hugs, Karen