Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Christmas Candy's Nutcrackers

christmascandy
13 years ago

Hi everybody,

I have been traveling and couldn't post pictures or responses. Since I was out of town both the first and last weeks of Dec., I am not ready to let go of my Christmas decor yet, and won't even start to take anything down until after Jan. 6, and maybe not even then. I just got back from Sedona, AZ and thanks to the snowstorm that blew through, my tee times at the golf course got cancelled! : (

I did get in a little shopping instead. : )

Karen had requested to see the front of some of my larger nutcrackers, so I am posting pix of them. Most of my collection gather on or around my staircase, although some of the smaller ones are in my corner cupboard in the family room, and others are scattered throughout the house.

This group hangs out on the top of the stairs:

The rest of this group:

I place one nutcracker in between every other rung on the banister.

Then at the top of the stairs, these are on guard:

The 2 that are on the washstand are both musical and the one with the drums actually moves his arms up and down as though he were actually drumming.

These are across from the stair top and include several of my golf nutcrackers:

The Magi nutcrackers are above a sign that my DD gave me and this sign stays up year round. It is in the foyer and just before you enter the family room:

Finally, these are the ones that stand guard on either side of the front door, and are on the popcorn tins that I already posted earlier.

There are a few others scattered around the house, but since they are ususally single pieces, it would take many more pictures to show each of them.

Anyway, I am glad to be home and since I am still holding on to my decor, I thought I would go ahead and share more pictures.

TTFN and Happy New Year,

Candy

Comments (12)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Great Collection Candy...my DH would have serious
    envy! The Magi Nutcrackers are very nice and so different..I've never seen any like those before. I think my favorites are the two big guys by your front door. I love the size of them, and what a wonderful place for them too.
    I keep my Trees up till Dec 6th..(Little Christmas)..but have been slowly putting everything else away. Seems to go to darn quick. They are aleady pushing Valentine's Day and St. Pat's in the stores...I can see Easter Bunnies right around the corner...!

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy.....
    What a wonderful collection you have! I see a few that we have in common too. ;o)
    When you go to pack up stuff, you could always gather your other Nutcrackers in one spot for a photo. (hint, hint).

You sure picked the wrong time to golf in Sedona! That was a winter storm like we've not seen in a long time. Temps in Phoenix shocked all of us, nights in the 20s and daytime highs in the 40s. That's 20 degrees below normal!
    There were even some snow flurries in parts of Phoenix! LOL. And a lot of rain and high wind.
    That being said, since you couldn't play golf, you could have visited me! LOL. I'm about an hour 'n half from Sedona! We could have gone to that huge antique mall.

Glad you're home and back to posting. Missed you!
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Wonderful Nutcrackers Candy!! They are all special. I love the sign in your foyer what a wonderful way to welcome people to your home. I agree with Karen, a group shot would be great.
    NanaKaren

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

candy ...love how you use your staircase...cool way to display them! And adding the washbasin up there, too...wonderful collection & love that vignette! Of course, like jane, those 2 big guys by the door are fantastic.

I only have 2 nutcrackers...& like you said about those in the washbasin, this "Santa" guys arms move up & down & Christmas music plays while he rings his bell. It's a HL after Christmas find many yrs ago...do you have him? Looks like you might.

TFS, candy! Good to see you back! Jeanne s.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jane,
    Since I was gone so much during December, I just don't really feel I had time to enjoy my decorations, and now I can actually relax and enjoy everything. The big guys came from Big Lots (it might even have been Pic N Save then) it was so long aqo. I have added some rhinestones, glitter, sequins, and the fur around the hat of the white one to glam them up a bit.

Karen,
    I will roundup the rest for a group shot. That storm sure was a bummer! We arrived in Sedona (actually the Village of Oak Creek) Monday evening and the weather was beautiful. We were taking care of some personal business on Tuesday and Wednesday, but did manage to play a few holes Tues. afternoon, and then Wednesday was rainy and cold. There was not that much snow in the village, but we couldn't leave on Thursday because the highways were closed from Sedona to Flagstaff, and from Flagstaff to Holbrook. I would have loved to drive down to see you, but don't have any personal contact info other than your email address and here. DH is not a fan of shopping unless he is looking for something, and he would not have been fun to be with on a shopping trip.

I looked at my personal info here and I guess I set my account up so quickly, I don't have anything personal listed there and couldn't figure out how to add anything to it last night. : ( So, I guess it is not easy for anyone to contact me either. I know you have my email address, so if you want to send me any personal info to that email, I would have some information to get in touch with you for the future. Eventually, when we retire, we will spend time in the Village as snowbirds, and then return to Denver for the summer. So, in a couple of years, running down to see you from Sedona would be possible.

Nana,
    I will definitely do a group shot for the rest. I love the sign also, and that is why it stays there permanently.

Jeanne,
    I don't have that nutcracker. I love the sentiment you have added to your photo. I really felt kind of out of kilter being gone so much during Dec. and it made the holiday feel very rushed. I had Christmas with my family on Dec. 19, an Open House on Dec. 20, and Chritmas brunch on the 25th, and getting the decorations, food, and gifts ready for all of that was a mad dash. I know people would tell me to not do all that I do, but that is all part of the holiday for me, and I just couldn't let it go. So, now I am home am enjoying the calm.

TTFN,
    Candy

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Enjoyed looking at all your nutcrackers and like the others the ones in the foyer by the door are my favorite. Sounds like you had a rather busy December and need a well deserved rest after all that. I like to enjoy just the peace and quiet in early January and take in all the decorating and just sit back in the evenings and enjoy the trees and all. TFS your collection - you sure have a really nice one :) .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, email me. I can't find where I stored your email address. I often move emails to my PFC, but neglect to always state what is where. Sheesh.
    Anyway, drop me a note please. sangareeKS at AOL.

Jeanne, my email pronunciation is almost like your
    Jeanne-Spines...I thought I was being smart using my show dogs 'kennel name' of Sangaree (which is a famous old plantation. There's a book and movie about it also. Think Gone with the Wind. LOL.) Anyway, I added my initials to sangaree but some people were pronouncing it sanga_REEKS.
    Ugh. I wish I'd put a hyphen in it long ago. LOL)

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, wonderful nutcracker collection. Looks like you are well guarded. They all look great. I wanted some large ones years ago but DH said no an I haven't seen any since.

Where do you store all of your Christmas decorations? I packed so many totes last weekend that I had no desire to go after Christmas shopping.lol

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Candy, Waaay at the bottom of this page or the main page there is a green band that says Gardenweb. If you look across that band, you will see "member pages". Click on that and it will take you to the next page where you can click on "edit your personal information page". Then you can add your email addy, and even a comment about yourself if you want. ;o)

Your home just overflows with the Christmas spirit--you have many nice treasures including all your neat nutcrackers. I also really like your florals and candles.

Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, I sent you an email last night. I hope it went through.

Punk, Yes, they have been on guard for quite a while now. I did get 2 new ones at Home Goods this year. One is a Santa with a music box in the base, but he is in the Santa LR, so didn't show up in this posting, and the other is a Santa chef and he is in the kitchen.
    I have an entire room in the basement that is Christmas storage.

Luvs,
    Thank you for the compliment and the directions. I was able to go in and add info to my profile, although I am going to have a long wait for my birthday greetings since my B-day is on Christmas Day. LOL
    I didn't realize I had put so little info in when I registered.

TTFN,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Of all the birthdays, yours is the EASIEST one to remember.....so what do I do?
    Totally forget that. Here's a VERY belated

Smacking my head for forgetting!!!
    hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well Karen, Its not your fault. I didn't include it in my profile. Thanks for the wishes though. I had a wonderful Christmas/Birthday....My youngest DD is having a baby in Aug. and I am just thrilled!
    Thanks to Luvs, I have added some more info now.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions