Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Red & Orange Table W/O Snow

phonegirl
13 years ago

I always have my table set. We used the settings this past week so it was time to set a new one. Most of our snow melted today and I'm so thankful that I moved on from snow to lillies.lol I still need to do some more decorating after taking down all the snow decor but wasn't ready to do Valentine decor yet.

This is what I came up with for a change from Christmas and snow. I had got the place mats and napkin rings for my BDay and hadn't used them so that was the start of this table. Found the taller glasses at TBN and they match my other set so used them on this table. Do any of you know what this type of glass style is for?

DD gave me all the votive candles on this table. The cp from Ross is red and orange lillies so I used my orange Table Tops plates. I bought the Birchwood Chalet red plates this year at Target. Added the wht plates to help tie it together.

Added the sundae cups so they would be out in case I wanted to do some Valentine one's like Luvs had posted last year. I made several different ones in different colors last year. They were so fast and fun to make. Thanks again Luvs.

I would not normally use red and orange together but like this for a change. What do you think?

Punk

Comments (17)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Well Punk, I'd never have thought I'd like red and orange in a setting, but you changed my thinking with this one.
    It works!

I just can't get over all the great stuff you have to play with. (Nor your daughter who gifts you with so many things for your tables.)

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Punk..I think that's why it's so easy for you to put these tables together so quickly...You have SO MANY lovely things to do them with. Lovely color combo...I agree with Karen, on putting these two colors together...they do work. It's refreshing to see something different from SNOW..SNOW..SNOW.
    I love your CP its beautiful and so are your placemats and napkin rings. I like that you used the white dishes to layer with..Very nice.
    Your DD really knows how to treat her 'Mamma' good!

jane

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Those placemats just MAKE that table. Very nice. I like the change in colors and how you put it all together. TFS.

Pat

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I like the change too. I'm "done" with blue and white.

The black tablecloth really brings the color of the placemats and flowers out - or, as they say on HGTV, it makes them POP!

I love it when one of us is on a roll. Right now, that's you.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen, glad to hear you like this color combo too. DD loves to buy things for me and knows I enjoy everything she gives.

Jane, I appreciate the comment on the dish layering. DD loves to shop and is always thinking of me and my tables. It's so fun when she sends a picture on her phone and says "Do you like it". I know I will be getting something new!

Pat, thanks for the comments on my table. This color combo was fun to work with for a change.

OA, I used the black tc for a change too. You do so many tables w/black and they always seem to POP. Guess you can call this Follow The Leader.

So fun to come here and read all your comments. DH is going out to the shop to try and paint some of the chargers DD bought after Christmas at Walmart for me. $1.25 for 4. If anyone needs chargers now would be the time to run to Walmart and pick some up. I'll let you know if we have any luck. Couldn't find a plastic primer so we are going to try a plastic paint as a base coat for these. I may try the chalkboard paint on some too.

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Your SNOW is GONE, punk! Amazing!!! Sorry to say we've got more & probably a couple more mos. worth coming! LOL!

But I just SMILED when I saw the word "LILLIES" in your post! from snow to lillies... LOVE IT! I grew some new ones these past couple summers & they do make ya' smile!

I'm ramblin'...back to your t'scape...you made this color combo work! Like how you stacked the plates & colors you used ...& those little wire & jeweled votive candles really work nicely with the placesetting. It's hard to see the stemware because of the dark bkgrd t'cloth but I see reflections & it looks so pretty.

Love to see all your tables, punk! TFS! Jeanne S.
    I still am contemplating my blue&white one (winter dishes)...did get another 4 place setting yesterday in the mail from e-bay buy...am so tickled ...packed so good, nothing broke & it's new in the box! :-)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Punk,I usually think of a red/orange combination more for a southwestern tablescape, but you sure pulled this one off and it looks so warm and inviting. Pretty lily cp and I like how you layered the plates. Your glasses are so pretty. Like the others said, the black really makes the colors "pop". Your DD is a keeper for sure, so nice that she looks for things for your tables. ;o) I'm glad you enjoyed the sundae cup craft last year. I got the sundae cups but didn't make anything with them! LOL

Jeanne, Yeah for you for finding more of your dishes and for the fact they arrived safely. ;o)

Luvs

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Punk, gorgeous table! I love the lilies and red/orange combo.

I did want to add that I've painted the WM chargers before with no problem. I didn't prime either...just spray painted and I've not had any problems with the color staying on the chargers.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, our snow is almost gone and it's raining here today. I know we will have more but sure got me out of the snow mode for the moment. I have alot of lillies in our beds and love all of them. They are a favorite flower of mine.

I can hardly wait to see your blue & white winter ts with your new dishes. Are these something totally new or did you add to your existing set? Glad they arrive ok. I love winter ts but was ready to do something different.

The glasses have the mirror finish on them. Love the little votives and will put a couple sets of candleabras like that on my Bday list.lol

Luvs, hope you find time to make some sundae cups this year. They are so cute.

Dream, do you remember what kind of paint you used on your chargers? DH had to use the plastic paint and then spray the color to keep them from krackling. BTW I have a new beautiful set of pale gr chg. drying right now. I'm loving this color and excited to use them for a Spring ts.

I also set out yellow, blue, purple, pink and a forest gr for DH to paint. We r having way to much fun today with these. He has tomorrow off so I'm sure this will pass part of this day.lol

Thanks for all your comments on this color combo ts. Need to go fix some lunch. Will be back later.

Punk

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Punk, I just used regular old Krylon spray paint. I've painted chargers orange, purple, pink, and white. I did look for some at WM after Christmas, but didn't have any luck finding them. I wanted to stock up for some more colors.

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Punk,
    Your table is very striking! It's a nice change from the snow and ice that is outside my door right now, although the wind is really blowing and that usually helps the white stuff to go away, LOL.

I like the colors together, and the black is the perfect counterfoil to make them "POP"

Beautiful table.

TFS,
    Candy

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Punk, that looks very good! Interesting combination too.
    I wish we had no more snow, but this stuff is staying for a while.
    OA, when I do a blue and white, I'll warn you so you don't have to look! LOL
    I think I am done with anything snow themed though!

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Your color combo definitely works & look so bright & pretty, a good way to get away from the snow & winter!

I also like the black tablecloth with your colors.

Check out my GW finds post today & see the plates & platter I got my g-daughter today, they have the same colors in them!!!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dream, lucky you, our Krylon is not working w/o a base first. I now have lt gr, dk gr and purple chargers.Woohoo Wish you could of jumped in on these at this price. If shipping wasn't so much I would be more than happy to send you some.

Candy, we have had wind and rain both today. Now the fog is moving in. We still have some of the piles left from our 20 some inches but it's nice knowing the roads will be good for now.

Kathleen, we got the last storm a few days after you did but guess it's warmer here now.

Yachter, I loved the bright colors on flower dishes and candle for DGD. The checked plates and bowls are so neat too.

Glad all of you liked the color on this table. I like bold but would of never thought about red and orange together if it wasn't the color of the lillies. Thanks for your comments.

Punk

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

Punk..
    I'm way late to the party on this one but you know I'm allll over it because of both the bright colors and the lillies.
    You've certainly climbed the decorating ladder and this is another table of perfection indeed I do believe!
    I'm still on the blah blue/white/snow for the moment as we've only had about an inch and a half that didn't stay around very long but can't seem to let go of a grapes-purple-something theme though that screams Fall to me.
    Come on spring time and more fun colors.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Punk, Love your table. The red and orange is striking against the black table cloth. The Lillies bring a feel of summer, and I am SICK of winter!!! Are those placemats handmade?

NanaKaren

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

MM, if your thinking grapes-purple-something theme, do it. I don't think it matters that all tables are set in the right season. This one sure isn't.lol

Nana, the place mats are by Thro, New York, NY and DD bought them at Dillards. I have a green set she bought too. Guess What?...They are 100% paper. The tag says Wipe Clean.

The snow is falling here again today and the suppose to get more for the next 10 days.Sigh...Thanks for your comments. Guess I'll be doing another snow table.lol

Punk

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions