Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Winter Hallway Decor + TS Finds

jeannespines
12 years ago

Winter is certainly here now! So I've still left up some Winter decor & this vignette is on the hallway end wall. A winter pic of a couple Chickadees (such pretty birds) & an oak shelf that DH made me yrs ago:

Since joining this Holiday Forum, I've added to my collections & tried new things...so this is about as 'sparkly' as I get w/these ornaments & bling that I've collected the past 3 yrs or so ...for this area:

Love the bronze/coppery colors ...as I've fallen for the mercury glass (seeing the silver & gold at so many places...but bronze/coppery fit me better). Here's a deer & ornament close-up:

I always shop for a bargain...so never pay full price ...except I did for this tapered faux candle while Christmas shopping...it's on a timer, too...I've shared it before (I love it!):

And yesterday DH & I were visiting kids so we stopped at a fav TS...I got this 'Carolers' Musical Ceramic pc for $5 ... & it plays "Silver Bells" perfectly! I think someone made it in a ceramics class or something! Here's a close-up (my pic shows it a bit more gold-ie than it really is)...it's a shiny cream color in RL:

& for $1 I got this lovely heart box ...made in the USA ...kind of a rock type material...don't know what it is...for Val decor!

& one of the best finds I got yesterday there was a one place setting...dinner plate, salad plate & cup for a total of $2.50 ...it's the pink striped/dotted "Churchhill England." I think either Kathleen (or maybe Punk) has done a t'scape with these dishes! They are so darn cute! I'll save that for a Val pic to share! So for a total of $9 I did pretty darn good...I'll have to pack away the 'carolers' for awhile! ;-(

Thanking all you 'Enablers' R' Us' for great ideas! TFlookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (8)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

You hit a jackpot shopping! Those Carolers especially!
    I really like the deer ornament, and also the bronze colors.

The chickadee painting is delightful. I love those birds tho haven't even seen a REAL one. Next to Cardinals,
    they really say Winter to me. (probably why the real ones don't like Phoenix, LOL).

That heart box looks like it would be made of marble? I know that was popular as a stone type thing for decorative boxes of all kinds. And so many colors with it too. Yours is sure pretty!

Oh, meant to tell you, I saw some little Kissing Angels on Etsy that I think are like yours. Actually I just looked for link to show you, and when I searched kissing angels there are a LOT on there. Wow. So here's the link to that page just for fun to see the different variations of them.
    They must have been real popular during that period!

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: kissing angels

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for that link to Etsy, PM! Yes, there are lots of kissing angels on there...so darn cute! Must have been very popular! I only saw one that was 'musical' tho...so they made smaller versions of just the angels, it looks like! Thank you!

I do just absolutely ADORE this pair! LOL!
    {{gwi:1402004}}

Yes, maybe that box is marble...thank you. I did find some goodies! Thanks, Karen! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne...so many great finds!
    I always love how you set up that shelf for winter. The chickadee print above is so complimenting and the candle gives everything such a nice glow.
    That reindeer is especially pretty with all the other coppery/bronze pieces.
    I agree with Karen, that the 'Carolers'
    are really special and what a great price!...
    Your stone heart box I'm familiar with - great price for it. I have a few of those pieces in different shapes...DH picked them out when we went out West many yrs ago.
    Some are made of quartz - some marble and some oynx.
    I love the rust color of yours with the pretty inlay pattern. Enjoy your 'Winter Treasures'...they're all so nice.
    jane

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

I love those carolers, J, so sweet! Good finds.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Wow Jeanne....LOVE your carolers! They have such great faces...many times they look so strange to me, but I like the all white figures. The heart box is beautiful and I really like your ornies! My favorite is the round one with the spiral circle design! And your chickadee print is just lovely...they are the cutest little birds. I love to watch them drink from my rain chain cups. TFS!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Oh Jeanne, such beautiful decor. Love the Chickadees picture above your beautifully decorated shelf. All the little hanging ornies are sweet.

The carolers are neat and so is your new heart box. After seeing your carolers, this reminds me I have a platter w/carolers still out in the shed I didn't bring in.Sigh I had thought I would use them on my 3 Kings ts that didn't happen.

Must be Kathleen that has the "Churchhill England" dinnerware. However, I probably own 40+ sets of dishes now so who knows.LOL I will be looking forward to seeing yours. Love your kissing angels and seeing all that's available thanks to Karen! I will use my little kissing Eskimos on one of my winter ts again. They are so fun.

Oh forgot to mention your new faux Candle on a timer. Love IT! Best get to bed and will try to read and post more tomorrow evening.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

I love your winter decor, Jeanne. You always put just the right things together. The chickadee picture is perfect there.
    The carolers are sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing the little heart box again at Valentine's Day.
    TFS
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Holiday-ers...since the Winter has literally hit IA now...I am leaving out my snowmen/ladies decor on the porch but been putting away more from inside house...I just love these 'Caroler's' too...and the music box plays so clearly the tune, 'Silver Bells.' I hate to pack it away...I haven't yet. ;-)

Lookin' forward to Val Day month in a few weeks! Appreciate all your comments. Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions