Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Thrift store Snowman tablescape

christmascandy
12 years ago

I created a tablescape using my Mumm Winter Bird plates and bowls from last year and some TS cream plates with holly design on the rim and some snowman plates from GdWl.

All of the chargers, plates, bowls, goblets, napkins, and the snowman CP are from the TS. I found the cream holly plates at ARC last summer, 8 of them for $3.99 and the snowman salad plates at GdWl before Christmas for .49 ea!

The table runner and placemats are from Big Lots many yrs ago.

The snowman CP has a bird on his arm, a watering can, and

a tree growing out of a flower pot.

The flatware is from Christmas last year.

The big snowflakes under the bowls are from Doll. Tr.

The snowflake votives are yrs old.

Bring on the soup, salad, and homemade bread!!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (13)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, so Wintery! Love the greens!!!! Esp lovin' how you did the t'cloth & runners w/the sparklies! Those 'snowflakes' under the bowls are terrific! I am on the lookout for those!

Your placesettings are so 'snowman' Winter lovely!!! Love how you stacked them & then inbetween the plate settings you added that green plate (charger?) w/bowls! Looks great! The designs on the snowman plates are very cute! TFS, candy! Happy January! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Candy, when you tire of those cute snowman Mumm plates, can I have first dibs on them????? LOL I love Debbie Mumm's designs.

Very nice table and your centerpiece couldn't be more perfect to go with the plates! You are such a great shopper, and you seem to always find things that go together so perfectly.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Delightful table! I'm loving the greens a LOT. And those snowman plates with the cardinals are too cute.
    As usual, you find the BEST stuff thrift shopping!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, I love, love, love this table. It is delightful!!
    The plaid trim on the plates goes perfectly with the runners and placemats.
    The snowman plates and CP look like they are from the same set.
    I looked at those big snowflakes at DT and I've been kicking myself ever since for not getting any.
    I think this Candy Shot is one of your best.

Nana

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

I am loving everything about this tablesetting but the green and plaid just really stand out for me - that's what really makes the whole setting pull together for me. I have those large snowflakes and love them. I have hung them outside in trees in the wooded area and also used them as chargers. They are just a cool buy.

I am finally getting the rest of Christmas put away this weekend after having house guests for the past week. Starting to get some Valentine stuff put together for the mantel.

Thanks for sharing such a delightful tablescape :) .....

Lynne

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

What a fun Snowman table!
    I too will join in saying that I love the green TC with the plaid and glittery snowflake accents.
    I think the snowman dishes are one of the nicest patterns I've seen.
    I love how you layered them with the plaid underplate.
    Those snowmen stems are the cutest. Love - Love everything!
    Once again, you've managed to put together all your TS finds to create another perfect table!

jane

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, I'm going to try to post again. Just hate it when it won't submit for me.

This is such a neat snowies table. Love your D. M. Winter plates and all the layering. Plaid is such a nice change on your table. The burgundy napkins really make your whole table pop.

Glad your home and setting tables for us to enjoy again.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

candy...I forgot to say that I really love your stemware for this table & how you repeated that snowman motif w/your centerpc guy! Looks great! And also I love the crystal candle holders ....you always have candlelight on your t'scapes which adds so much! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Such a pretty table Candy! LOVE all of your plates and your coordinating stemware. The plaid tablecloth is really pretty too! And your snowman centerpiece is just perfect for the setting. Another winner for sure!

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Those plates are adorable! Fun table!

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Such a fun table! I love all of the plates and glasses! The plaid is perfect. All of it says Winter without being Christmasy so fits right in with the time of year!

Kath

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, the snowflakes are from Doll. Tr. and they start getting them in around August or Sept. If you wait until the actual holidays, they are gone! I also found the Santa hat chair covers there, and they hadn't actually put them out on the shelves yet. I never saw them on the shelves in any DT. I think everybody bought them as soon as they saw them! I had originally planned to use the green holly plates on top of the plaid Winter Bird plates, but they covered too much of the plaid, so I put them under the bowls.

Luvs, the Mumm plates are the plaid plates and bowls. The Snowman plates are from the Country Santa Collection by Susan Winger, but just as soon as I don't want them any more, they're yours. Which should be sometime around the 12th of never, LOL

Karen, as you know, shopping is my therapy and I need a lot of therapy!!

Nana, the Snowman CP does have a Debbie Mumm tag.

Lynne, I am planning on having Christmas put away by the end of today, although I am procrastinating by being on here! I am also putting out some Valentine decor as I put away the Christmas.

Jane, I am a huge fan of plaid and amazingly, I found the table runner, placemats, tea towels and rugs all in that pattern at Big Lots many years ago. I don't think Big Lots has as many cool things any more. It seems like they have a lot of the same stuff other stores do now.

Punk, the burgundy is a small part of the plaid and I thought the table needed that pop of color. So glad you agree!

Marlene, thanks, I found 4 of those snowman goblets last year, and some more this year. All at the TS's cause I did't buy them when they were originally in the grocery store as $1 deals. Back then I hadn't found the enablers here, so didn't know I was going to "need" all of the dishes/glassware/flatware that I buy now!

Kathleen, Thank you.

Kath, I have left a lot of snowman decor up this year. It has helped me deal with putting away the Christmas decor, LOL.

Thanks again ladies. You are such a wonderful and supportive group. You have no idea how much your wonderful comments help me deal with my life.

TTFN,
    Candy

• party_music50
    12 years ago

Wow, I LOVE those plates and your tablesetting. What great deals you got!!!

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions