Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got a new 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee for Christmas...more

Posted by Sharon620 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 16, 05 at 22:51

Hi Everyone!
This past week my hubby told me to go pick out a new car. He paid off my debt with my Montero. He knew how much I hated it and it was giving us all this trouble. This time I leased though. It is only a 2 yr lease with Jeep. I picked out the 06 Grand Cherokee limited. It is navy blue with grey leather.I am so excited! One question though... what is a Hemi engine? That what the salesman told me it has. It is a V-8 with a Hemi engine and Quadra-Trac 2. I have no idea what either one of these are. I am just happy to get out of my other situation that I will NEVER get myself into again.
I also have back up sensors!! Yipee! Being 4 11, it helps!!
Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got a new 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee for Christmas...more

A Hemi engine (the Hemi?) is named that because the combustion chambers have a hemispherical shape. This is one way of increasing the power that the engine can generate.

Quadra-Trac II is Jeep's name for the traction-control system used on their trucks. It manages the amount of power going to each wheel based on how hard you step on the gas or the brake, the amount of traction each wheel has at the moment, etc.

o

A Hemi? You got a hot rod!
But now all the self appointed guardians of the world are gonna say you're wasteful and evil for not getting a 2 cylinder electric/mice driven engine that gets 1,000 MPG. But who cares about them? Enjoy your new ride!

o

To Steve and Christopher,
Thank you for your replies! I am so excited to get my new jeep.
I know when I test drove the SUV it flew. That is not what I am all about though. I just want a safe, reliable, good looking car.
To all of you who think I am damaging the atmosphere. Oh well! It is not the worse anyone could do.
Happy Holidays!
Sharon

o

Sharon, in truth, you are damaging the environment about as much as a man casting a sand pebble into the ocean.
You have made a wise choice - best of luck.. and enjoy..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here