SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue36_gw

Steering Problem on Truck

sue36
17 years ago

A friend of mine is having an issue with his truck I am hoping one of you might be able to identify. The truck is a new Ford F350 diesel, still under warranty, 10k miles. He noticed leaking fluids (ended up being a loose hose), so he called the dealer who said they would come get it and fix it. They towed it on a flatbed to the dealer and then pushed it into the shop, which required a sharp turn. I don't know why they didn't run the truck, but they put it in neutral and then tried to turn the wheel. My friend said this is difficult to do, that the steering wheel is hard to turn when it isn't running, so they really had to lean on the wheel. Fast forward and the truck is repaired and my friend drives the truck home. But now something is wrong with the steering. The steering wheel doesn't lock when the truck is off (he went to another dealer and verified that it should lock), and he said the steering is very loose now. He said that before it was very crisp and tight, that it felt like it drove itself. Now you have to constantly slightly adjust the wheel to go straight. Do you know what I mean? My DH's ancient Dodge is like that, so I know what he means.

He brought it back, and the dealer says there is nothing wrong with it and that they cannot "duplicate the problem". My friend is very frustrated. Any idea what the issue could be? Thanks for the help.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure