Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any dodge wheel experts out there?

Posted by gary__ (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 07 at 22:23

Looking to buy extra wheels for snow tires for our '98 dodge durango. Truck junk yard in next town has a set that appears to be from a '00 or '01. They say they'll fit mine, but these guys have been wrong in the past so I don't trust what they say. The wheels in question are 15" as are mine, and the bolt pattern is correct. That still doesn't mean they'll clear the brake caliper or some other thing on my truck. Tomorrow I was going to go buy them, beat feet for home and verify they fit. IF they did, I'd beat feet for the tire store in my town and buy some tires. If not, I'd take them back. There's got to be someone somewhere than can tell me for sure if they'll work or not so I don't have to do all the goofing around to confirm.

Got a lunch engagement tomorrow noon. The following day everything is closed. The day after that is Christmas eve so everyone will close early...and I have an appointment at the alignment shop for 1 that day. I replaced the upper ball joints and wheel bearings this week and want to make sure the suspension geometry didn't change due to my shade tree tinkering. Everything will be closed Christmas of coarse. Heading over the mountains on Friday which is why I want the new tires now. Don't want to play the chains on, chains off, chains on again game. Getting to old for that cr*p. Feeling a little crowded for time.

Anyone know for sure if these fit or can you direct me to a site that can tell me?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any dodge wheel experts out there?

gary jump onto The Tire Rack, and see what wheels they sell for your vehicle, and what other vehicles those same wheels sell for. That's as close as I can get you.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Tire rack

o

A couple of guys on a dodge forum say they'll fit as long as they're not from a 2003. Guess that's good enough to warrant going after them.

Think I'll call the tire store first and see if they happen to have something laying around that will do. Probably not, but worth the phone call to see before running around.

Thanks

o

Wheels made for vehicles with drum-and-shoe brakes on all wheels may interfere with disk calipers. Thus wheels from older vehicles (before disk brakes) may interfere and you may encounter some of these at a salvage yard.

o

Got them. As soon as I looked at them from the back I could tell there would be no clearance issues. Slapped one on the front to make sure before heading to the tire store. $660 total later, I'm good to go.

o

i have a 2k dakota and am looking for wheels too. they have an odd bolt pattern. 6x4.5". very rare. i think daks/durangos have almost the same wheel styles. not real pretty. i found a nice set of polished alloys at a swap meet this summer. $275/4 but i passed. i would like 16" wheels if i can find them. what tires did you get? i probably will get BFG A/T, 31-10.5-15. they are fairly cheap and have good snow traction.

o

I got Signet Wintertrax 235/75-15 from Les Schwab. I believe it is an off brand name for a Cooper tire.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here