SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
libbyliz_gw

I think my car is possessed

LibbyLiz
16 years ago

Every winter the steering column makes a really strange whine-moan noise. It didn't do this in Arkansas. We left there in June of 2004. The first time I took it in about this, a guy at the Toyota dealership said it probably had humidity built up in the seals or column. Uh, that can't still be the case after all this time. I'm figuring it's cold weather making a seal or something squeal, but why?

This winter, only at night & only when I get into the nearest local town does the left turn signal go wonky super fast. Could cold do this too?

Additionally, the brakes have started "locking up" quite often this winter when I start slowing down or when coming to a complete stop. Though maybe it's the funked up tires in combination with the snow making the ABS freak out. However, when braking & going over a bump, dip or patch in the road on dry warm pavement, the ABS freak out then too. Does anyone else have problems like this with ABS?

It was really worrying me this morning. There was something rubbing & grinding in the back, & making a bump-thump noise often. I thought there was something in the trunk loose or the muffler was dragging. Nope, it was just a giant chunk of ice caught between the tire & the wheel well. LOL

Comments (6)

Sponsored