Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gas increase

Posted by worm (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 8, 05 at 19:58

Gas prices just went up 25 cents in one day. What's the reason this time? No hurricane, no terrorist attack, nothing I am aware of. About 13% increase in one day for what reason?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gas increase

I saw regular gas for $1.99 two days ago. Unfortunately, I had a full tank. Now that I need more gas, it's back up to $2.06. Planning a fill up is like playing the stock market.

o

So far it has not went up.But I would not be surprised.They wanted us to get use to being rapped for Home Heating costs.So they lowered gas prices.Sort of like throwing the dog a bone.But as we get closer to the Holiday traveling season.Im sure they will want to rob us for both Transportation and Heating costs.Its hurting the poor people around here with the cold weather coming in early and hard.

o

The cost of 87 Octane went up 15 cents per gallon in my area. We're back to $2.29/gal. The current cold snap and forcast of increased heating fuel use was blamed. The price of crude oil reversed its downward adjustment and increased in price over the past week.

o

It also would not have surprised me if Dubya and Big D**k made some calls to some buddies of theirs at the big oil companies and asked them to roll back prices for a bit to quiet down the "little people."

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but so much of oil supply and demand lately defies any logic at all. My theory is at least as good as anyone else's. :-)

o

Was as low as $1.89 in Central IL a week ago. Now it's around $2.20. Went up overnight, one price increase at once.

As far as the conspiracy theory, don't forget that Dubya and Big D**k were directly responsible for the price increases in the first place. Remember, they were the instigators of those hurricanes. They wanted all those poor people to get wiped out, so they could turn around and get their jollies by discriminating against them.

o

its your holiday gift from the oil companys.

o

As far as the conspiracy theory, don't forget that Dubya and Big D**k were directly responsible for the price increases in the first place.

Given that this Administration has demonstrated only the loosest hold on "the truth," I don't think there will be a verdict on the manipulation of gasoline prices until some folks are out of office or out of breath.

o

Several of the major leaders of the strongest country in the world (are)were major players in the petroleum business.

And you expect the price of petroleum-based products to be manhandled by the Federal government?

ole joyful

o

why does a certain peanut farmer from Georgia keep popping up in my mind? Ironically, almost thirty years later, his ideas would STILL be considered outlandish.

o

Given that this Administration has demonstrated only the loosest hold on "the truth,"..............

Yeah, oh how I long for good old days like the previous 8 year administration of only the highest of morality and 100% truthfulness. Of course the gasoline prices were low and stable the entire 8 years and corporate corruption was non-existent.

o

Yeah, oh how I long for good old days like the previous 8 year administration of only the highest of morality and 100% truthfulness.

Hey, I never said that the guy before Dubya deserved a medal. But I can't help feeling that Bill getting a bl0w job in the White House and maybe making some bucks on a shady investment has had less of an effect on Americans than the death and maiming of several thousand American soldiers in a fraudulent war and the continued presence of a terrorist organization that hasn't been eradicated in four years of fighting.

Funny how the folks in Congress who were frothing at the mouth to get to the bottom of Whitewater and the Lewinsky affair are nowhere to be heard when countries are invaded based on false evidence and incompetence is displayed at several levels of government ("Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."). But if you drank the Koolaid, it's too late...

o

Oops..... I forgot that terrorism was non existent while Clinton was in office. Otherwise being the great leader that he was, he certainly would have wiped it off the face of the earth. Yes, 911 wasn't even conceived until after Bush took office. We really need another administration that is truly tough on terrorism like Clinton was. And there's another whole geneatioin of young people now too, that need to have their morality drug through the mud. Hillary's out there saying there's too much sex and violence in videogames and she thinks there should be legilation about it. She has a pretty short memory and it is insulting to intelligent people. When her husband was president, it was on the nightly news on a daily basis. And her husband was the subject. But, I forgot, it was all a right wing conspiracy. He was innocent of any wrongdoing.

o

gee guys the only truth iam seeing is regardless of partys, politicians are lieing, selfserving, low life, bottom feeders, who care little or nothing about the public.

o

I couldn't have said it better myself.

o

worm, you're making it look like I'm endorsing Clinton. I'm not. I think he left a lot to be desired as a role model.

But, last time I checked, thousands of Americans either died or suffered disabling injuries in Iraq while they have found NO WMDs, NO connection to Al-Qaeda, NO nuclear program, and NO Osama bin Laden. The same Administration that forced a special session for Terry Schiavo because it "values life" has spent the rest of its time ignoring genocide elsewhere in Africa. The same party that promotes sound fiscal policy has spent this country into a debt hole that hasn't been seen in more than a decade.

But if all that is better than some guy with a really shrill wife having an affair and lying about some investments that didn't leave anyone poor, then this country has bigger things to worry about than Ford and GM dying and this country losing its industrial lead to China.

I'm done.

o

**gee guys the only truth iam seeing is regardless of partys, politicians are lieing, selfserving, low life, bottom feeders, who care little or nothing about the public.**

amen

o

I'm tempted to comment further ......... but I won't do it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here