Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rim Size??????????

Posted by paddle (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 15, 06 at 19:54

My chevy express 2500 has 16 inch steel rims with an 8 bolt pattern. Does anyone think I can find 15 inch rims with an 8 bolt pattern??(I have 15 inch snow tires that are almost new!)
Would the dealership sell these or would I have to go to a tires shop? how about a scrapyard?
thanx
jim in Canada waiting for snow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rim Size??????????

Why would you want to ? You will lose your deck height
and kiss your speedometer accuracy good by. If you can
afford that kind of vehical you can afford 16" tires.
15" rims with 8 bolts will not happen. If you do find your
15" rims you had better find all 4.

o

Uhh! Make that 5 wheels if you find 15 inch ones. You'll need a spare. An 18 inch wheel won't do as a spare with the 15 inch wheels.

o

I will assume that you've checked that the 15" snow tires are of the proper load rating for such a truck?

o

Well, on the van right know are 225 75/R16 and the snow tires are 235 75/R15. I was told that I could use them if I found the proper rims(I need an 8 bolt chevy pattern)and it may effect my speedometer(faster or slower)but should work.
Is there such thing as a universal 15 inch rim?(bolt patterns to fit different makes of vehicles)

jim

o

at one time they were avaiable from the after market, those white spoke rims that were a favorite of the 4x4 set, i had 4 of the 8lug 15 inch type on a chevy 3/4 ton 4x4. good luck they may still be avaiable.

o

Even if there were a "universal" pattern, it's likely the offset of the wheel differs from that of other brands.

o

Try this page: Jegs. The wheels I think you want are the number 260-3105780. They are 15x7 with the "8 on 6.5" Chevy pattern. Be sure to check the offset and load rating of the wheel, as well as the load rating of the tire. These specs are just as important as being able to physically bolt wheels on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here