Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2006 Taurus-body repair

Posted by butchcassidy (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 18, 09 at 19:13

I screwed up and scraped the bottom portion of my front bumper, in front of the wheel, against a concrete step. The area is about 6" long and about 3" high. Image rough concrete scraping the plastic.....removing part and gouging the plastic. I've spot sprayed damage before, but uncertain how to smooth out the scrape. Any ideas? I'd like to avoid body putty....just smooth it out.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2006 Taurus-body repair

Not too many since I do mechanical and not body work. (Body work is way to artistic in nature for me)

Beyond not looking nice, fortunately its not a problem from the mechanical point of view. The body shops that I am familiar with do have some rubber filling agents that can be used to hide some damage but almost all of them prefer to simply replace the bumper cover. If its low enough, lightly sanding it to smooth it out and then paint it with flexible paint to match will hide it from any causal observer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here