Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
antique car value

Posted by silver2 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 14, 05 at 17:17

Friend of mine has a 1947 Olds Woodie wagon. Good shape, used in the movie Stanger in the Kingdom in 1999. Probably needs some restoration, does not sound like much in that area. It is a V-8, only about 700 of this model produced.
Wondering if anyone can offer a ballpark figure of worth? Or refer me to a good source of information.
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: antique car value

Thats a cool looker. Probably looks like this...

Here is a link that might be useful: 1947 Olds special 66 wagon

o

here' was something close

1950 Oldsmobile Deluxe Woody Wagon, Sorry this car has been SOLD! showing 38223 Miles, $14,500/OBO, ... was shiny!

Watch out for Nigerians buying with checks that take a month to bounce.

Here is a link that might be useful: Woodies for sale

o

This link shows it as being worth $20k - $65k. Auto trader has what I'm sure is an over restored show quality car like it for $84k.

Here is a link that might be useful: nada

o

Hi,
Did the Nada, but it only lists a 6, and she says it is an 8 flathead. Everything is original, from what I understand, except for the movie use, they put a different set of tires on it. And the lugs are on the inside of the tire instead of the outside, so they were unable to put the regular tires back on it. Takes a special tool to get the lugs out or a lift. Also thought due to the fact it was used in the movie, it might add to the value of the car.
Thanks for your help.

o

The value would be enhanced if you could provide documentation showing that this car was the one actually in the movie such as a framed playbill or a photo from a movie frame showing this car. The photo showing the wheels would be good since it had unique wheels. This feature helps to idenify this car from the several hundred others that were made.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here