SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlynn2

New car accident --- need opinions

dlynn2
18 years ago

I have a very new SUV and we were involved in an accident recently that was totally the fault of another driver (we were stopped and the other driver T-boned us). Our car has approximately $20,000 damage to the entire driver's side, some enterior damage, the pasenger side was knocked into a pole and has a little damage from that, the tires were knocked off of the rims and it possibly has damage to the suspension. The windows are broken and it is snowing and very windy out, but the windows are covered with some thin plastic now, but I'm concerned about damage that could be happening to some of the electrical things like the DVD player, navigation system, etc. We also had soft drinks inside the car that flew everywhere spilling on everything. It will take at least a month for the body shop to repair. My questions are do you think it can be repaired like new again and how much value has my car lost? Since none of this is my fault, should I insist on replacement with a new car since mine was just a few months old (we just reached enough mileage to have the first oil change!).

Comments (28)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler