o
RE: floorjack

its broke.

o

It's not American made.

o

Good luck on finding the necessary repair kit.

o

There's a real old Craftsman here that works perfect until you're under a car & then it immeadiatly starts to leak down in little jerks. I think that's a marketing ploy to sell more concrete blocks.

o

Are there repair kits available for the Craftsman (made in the USA) jack ? These are not that hard to "rebuild". But, as I recall, its expensive....

o

I've got 3 or 4 of those Chinese bottle jacks. They are fine if you don't mind using junk. They work OK for a little while, but when I really need the things to do some lifting, they will either: leak, not pump up properly if at all, or leak down and let the load slowly lower. For what I've spent for these jacks, I could have bought one American made one that was dependable. Of course, if you need a jack in an emergency, you just buy what's available.

I found some American made Hein-Werner/Lincoln, 5 ton bottle jacks at a surplus tool shop a few years ago for about 20 bucks. I bought two, and I wish I would have bought a few more just to have on hand. They've been working great, and never disappointed me. Plus, repair parts are available if I ever need them.

I'm not sure what brands are available out there now for anything that isn't throwaway Chinese. You just have to look.

Here's a link to a Hein-Werner 2 ton floor jack. Advertised as American made, and less than 300 bucks.

GG

Here is a link that might be useful: floor jack

o

Its got air in it. You have to bleed it out. Open the release valve and pump the handle 7 thousand times. Close the valve. Try the jack. Repeat till it works or you are convinced the jack is belly up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here