SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mister_h

Awesome Car Buying Experience

mister_h
18 years ago

I have often used internet auto sales websites to check out car specs and prices. But I have never actually used them to buy one even though their screen prices are always lower than what dealers are typically trying to sell at. Well, I used them for the first time yesterday and I must say I was really, really impressed. No haggling, nagging, salesman going back and forth, no waiting for hours at the dealer, no non-sense mark ups at the finance, etc. I specified what I want in their website, their price showed up instantly, I pressed the OK button and the car was delivered to my driveway next day with a full tank of gas and washed/cleaned! It was just amazing. The person who delivered even went over each item on the delivery-inspection sheet and I had to sign it. I saved over $3,000+ on a $30,000 car. What I also found out was that dealer invoice price (the one that salesperson showed me) was a few $1000 more than that of the website company. The salesperson showed me that (marked up) invoice and said they would lose money if they sell me the car at the website company's price. The salesperson said he would buy from the website as well if he can really get it at that price. So, I left the dealer and exactly did that.

Two different invoices? The actual one that what dealer paid for and the other one that they show to customers?

Comments (12)

Sponsored