SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quirkyquercus_gw

How many quirkies does it take to screw in a headlight assembly?

quirkyquercus
17 years ago

Seemed like a pretty straight forward thing to do. I unplugged the smashed headlight assembly, unscrewed the screws. Put the new headlight assembly in, screwed the screws and plugged it in. Turned on just the headlights and everything was hunky dory. Later, after minutes of running the engine and the lights I heard a clanking noise as if I left the wrench sitting on top of the engine by mistake. Then the battery light came on, all the lights dimmed and the the temp guage shot up to red and had some light smoke coming out from under the hood. I turned off the engine and the temp guage went quickly back to cold. I wasn't far from home so figured I'd chance it and turned the engine back on, temp guage went to red almost instantly. The smoke returned.

When I got home I noticed that it looks like the battery has ruptured. Only faint signs of this... most of the evidence was on the ground under the battery.

It's an Interstate battery, several years old but coincidence this happened right after the lamp change? I think not.

Any ideas to how I screwed this up? I wasn't anywhere near the radiator hoses or anything was this the battery smoking or the engine?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!