Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Antique car question

Posted by Marilyn_C (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 13, 05 at 9:28

I hope someone can help me, or tell me where to go for info.

I bought this old trunk at an estate auction. I just like old trunks...but was told that it came off of an antique car, back when cars really had trunks...instead of what we know today as trunks. Does anyone know what kind of car it could have come off of? Thanks for any info.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Antique car question

One aftermarket company designed and built these initially as an accessary..so this could fit any number of vehicles..
But, I am not positive this one was made for an automobile...
Just my opinion
JMO

o
RE: Antique car question

Thanks. I should have made a better pic of it, but I left it over at a friend's house.

o
Aha!

I think I found it. It looks the same as this one on the front, hinges open the same way and has a wooden floor.

Here is a link that might be useful: trunk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here