Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clio 1.2

Posted by alepety (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 16, 06 at 5:58

Hi everyone!!. I am a new member.
I have a Clio 1.2 16v, and it spends a lot of fuel.
Why??
It has a small motor.

http://www.quesabesdecoches.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clio 1.2

How much is "a lot of fuel"? Give us a number like 'miles per gallon' or 'km per liter'. Maybe it burns much and maybe not. How can we tell?

It's a small engine, but if you are climbing hills and mountains in the lower gears at near wide open throttle, its fuel mileage will suffer.

o

I think they're supposed to use high octane fuel.

o

A lot of fuel for me is 9L per 100km.
What do you think??
I only do city driving if it can help

o

In zeece coontree thats 26.13 miles per gallon. My Lemonzine weighs 5200 pounds unloaded (2359 Kg) and gets 22.1 miles per gallon (10.64 L/100km) around town with an automatic transmission. It has a big motor.

o

That's pretty poor mileage on a car that should be getting around 40 mpg (6L/100Km) just based on class averages.

City driving gets low mileage because you're almost always accelerating and then stopping and then accelerating and then stopping. If you're driving a short distance, parking the car, and then coming back after a while, you're also starting the car "cold" quite often, which also isn't good for fuel mileage. Finally, you don't say if this is a new Clio, but some tires have high rolling resistance -- it takes a fair amount of energy just to get them to roll. Your Clio probably does not have high-performance tires, but the tires may be cheap and may not have very low rolling resistance. That can cost you a liter or two per 100 Km as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here