SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thirdevil

Opinions on possible car problems? Please?

thirdevil
16 years ago

Okay so I have had my car for over five years now, it is a '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse and a little over a year ago I got the timing belt replaced. Right after I got it replaced, I started noticing problems with the car when it is stopped, basically really bad idling. I've heard this may be due to a badly timed belt, but my car also had a blown head gasket (not at ALL uncommon in Mitsubishi Eclipses, unfortunately) causing a pretty bad oil leak (roughly a quart of oil every two weeks) which i got fixed, only to discover a few months later that it is, in fact, leaking again. I am doubtful that the headgasket/oil leak would have anything to do with the bad idling, mainly because it has been leaking oil for a while now and this problem only surfaced after the timing belt was changed. I have noticed that the car does not idle poorly when the air conditioning is on.

I have heard that the idling may be due to bad tires, but I have had my tires replaced within the timespan of my problem and with no difference. Any help or advice would be very greatly appreciated.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH