Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
95 F150 problems

Posted by webber_grower (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 18:58

Hello all. I am on dial up here and my comp running real slow. i used the search feature and found nothing about the trucks problem.

it has a chugging and lack of power going on now. it just came on out of the blues. I cant even drive it now cause its so bad. I replaced the coil pack air filter fuel filter and disconnected the o2 sensor along with the muffler to let it free flow. Muffler been replaced a year ago and easy to take off. but i still have the same problem. this is the 302 engine.
any help where to look next would be appreciated. i can not drive it to a garage because it would never make it there to have the scanner hooked up. so any one had sim problems that could tell me what went down with an other wise perfect running truck just out of the blues with no sign of problem comming on. it drove just fine then it just lost power as i was driving. again hello all and thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 95 F150 problems

There are some knowledgeable posters on this forum, but you will have to be more specific. They will need to know:

Year, make, and model
Engine
Automatic or Manual
Miles on the engine.
Has it had regular tune-ups?

If your truck is a 1996 or newer, it would help if you could borrow a code reader and read the trouble codes. Barring that, do you have the small 'owners manual'? There may be instructions in there for reading the touble codes by a series of manuipulations of the ignition switch.

You did give one important clue: The trouble developed suddently.

I suspect that you have a failed sensor, but which one, who knows without some diagnostics. I'd reconnect the muffler and oxygen sensor. Apparently, these are not the problem. A failed or disconnceted MAP (mass air flow) sensor can create the the problem you are describing, but then, other things can too. Randomly replacing parts is not the way to go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here