Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
importing my car and my motorbike from Italy

Posted by cocchim (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 07 at 12:25

I live in Italy and I have a Renault car model "Espace Initiale" last generation ( is a 2007 ) 3.o liters diesel with antiparticles exaust filter ( FAP ). I also have a BMW k1200s motorcycle, also 2006 last generation gas emissions.
Do you guys know if I move to the US if I can bring them with me? Where I could ask ? The place where I am going to move will be California-Orange County
Ciao and Thank you
Maurizio
Bologna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: importing my car and my motorbike from Italy

You better check with U.S. customs. You might not be allowed to bring in your imports. They may not be legel in
California.

o

This may be of help
Importing Your Car into the U.S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google

o

If not addressed in the link above, better see if there are parts available and someone who can repair what you're intending to bring to Orange County before shipping it. Might be a problem if these vehicles are not something that's sold here.

o

The Renault would be very unlikely to get into the country.They have not been imported into the US for about 25 years now. Since they have not had to pass safety tests or emissions tests they have no history with the feds.

The BMW may be able to get in as they are regularly imported and yours can easily pass the 49 states emission test. California has the strictest rules about emissions so that could be a problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here