Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2000 s-type - no heat

Posted by jagger00 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 07 at 12:07

Air works fine - when I turn the temp up to turn on heat
air kicks in - took to dealer they want $105 per hour
to tear into it and will let me know what's wrong.
Said it could be 1 of 4 valves or the controller.
It's 19 F here today need help fast!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2000 s-type - no heat

So, what are you asking for, a cheep trick to get the heat on? There may be one, I don't know. Did you ask them? Sounds like the shop thinks or knows it's a blend door problem of some kind and have a line on the possible causes. Charge sounds not out of line in this day and age. The shop guy has probably taken a number of dashes like yours apart before and is pretty fast at it.

Odds are $600 will cover it no matter what. Baring a cheep trick which may get the heat on but not fix the problem, the other option is to buy some tools for several hundred bucks, buy a shop manual for $100+, start studying and do it yourself. If it were me, I'd pay the man to fix it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here