Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spare tire question

Posted by lou13 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 7, 08 at 10:14

I need to replace a spare tire for my Leased Grand Cherokee Jeep. Because it's a leased car and will be returned soon..does it have to be the same exact tire -
(Make & Model).. or can I buy a cheaper tire that fits?
Should I be concerned that it's not the exact matching tire, for any reason? I've been told that it's important for it to be the same exact tire because it's 4 wheel drive. If I really don't have to use the same exact tire, I'd rather not, because of the extra expense.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spare tire question

Replace it in such a way that it would fit your expectations if you were the second owner. In other words, if you had to buy one of these cars second hand that got turned in from a lease, what would you expect to find if you needed the spare?

o

Would it not be easier to contact the place where you leased the vehicle from? or read your contract? You go spend $100 on a similar tire,but they want the same make/model, well your now out $100!

o

Thanks for your responces...I've replaced it with same make and model...I would NOT turn the car in with an inferior tire.. That was not my intent. I was just looking to purchase a similiar one that just cost less.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here