Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1993 Grand AM SE question.

Posted by thirdfrt (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 07 at 2:49

Before I begin, I want you to know that I know nothing about this particular car other than it is a 1993 Pontiac Grand AM SE. It does have a small engine in it but I don't know what size engine.

Now here goes. I have a friend who purchased a 1993 Pontiac Grand AM SE about a week ago. It also needs extensive work and he happened to mention that he cannot find the (Ok here is where I have no idea what you call it)bottle or plastic container that holds water that you use to clean off your windshield. He tried to run it down checking with the small hoses that go up to the windshield near the wiper blades. It looks like it is underneath the car not on top where all you have to do is Open up a cap and pour the water in and then close the cap and your done.

Can anyone tell me where it is located and how you can fill it with water? All I saw was the bottle that goes to the radiator and nothing else. He is stumped and still learning about this car.

Also while I am at it, is there any place that he can go to find a book on this car? Would he be able to find one in a library?

Thank you so much for your help. I hope that I have provided enough info here to be able to get an answer for him.

thirdfrt!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1993 Grand AM SE question.

Check around the side fender wells.There ahould be a cap where you fill the washer tank.The tank might be hidden in the fender.Many GM cars are this way including chevy cavalier and Buick century.

o

Look in the glove box. Many cars include an owner's manual located there, designed to answer questions such as this.

o

Hi johndeere,

There ahould be a cap where you fill the washer tank.The tank might be hidden in the fender

You are right the tank is hidden in the fender, it is on the left side fender (Drivers side), he found that, but there doesn't seem to be a cap anywhere. He pointed it out to me but I didn't see any cap either. I will give him the information you gave to me here. He just may be over looking it. Thanks a bunch!

Hi chad said,

Look in the glove box. Many cars include an owner's manual located there, designed to answer questions such as this.

You are absolutely right chad, you would think they would keep the manual in the car, especially in the glove box. Well, I am sorry to say there was no manual in the glove box. He is wanting to restore this car, but I think he has a lot of work to do on it and not having a manual will make it harder for him to find things. I told him to check at the library or he may have to call a Pontiac Dealer to find out where he can get a manual for that year car.

I thank you for your response.

thirdfrt!!!

o

Car parts store may have repair manuals, that are more detailed then owner's manual (if he's planning on fixing things on his own (Haynes or Chiltons?) - I may heve misspelled those.

o

Thank you reekola, I forgot all about those repair manuals. I will pass it along.

thirdfrt!!!

o

Ebay is a great place to pick up old car/truck manuals. I just checked for a 1993 grand am, and lots of them on there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here