Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1995 corsica engine light

Posted by impala792000 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 22, 06 at 1:25

I have the 1995 Corsica with the light problem. Every time i get in the thing, the light comes on. Took it up to have the codes read on it, but my scanner port under the dash won't communicate. 1995, 4cyl., 134,000 miles. Anyone know how to make this car communicate?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1995 corsica engine light

Yep. This is the start of a basic electronics problem. My first step at this point would be to see if digital data is availaible at the ALDL (diagnostic) connector. To do that I would simply pin in my ocilliscope to the appropriate pins in the ALDL. From there the steps to follow are too numerous to attempt to walk you through here online. Not to mention if you don't have a real electronics background, your not going to have the equipment and training that is required anyway. This is one that needs to go to a pro. use the iATN to find a tech near you if you don't already have someone good at this level of work.

Here is a link that might be useful: The international Automotive Technicians Network

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here