o
The new opel corsa or Toyota Yaris

Posted by prichina (prichina1@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Oct 26, 06 at 21:22

Sugestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The new opel corsa or Toyota Yaris

opel corsa, it looks better. is it the same as the daewoo chevy aveo? looks the same

o

I really dont know anything about the Opel, but here are some thoughts that you find useful. The Toyota Yaris is the new version of the Echo, which had been a well-regarded, but unglamorous economy car. Obviously, Toyota enjoys a reputation for quality and dependability, so the Yaris should be a success and I dont think that a person could go far wrong in buying one. Some of the new GM cars, which the Opel is, are well-liked by automotive testers and writers, and I certainly wouldnt dismiss this one. I just havent done any reading on it. I would say that its more of an unknown in terms of reliability than the Toyota is. In general, you need to ask youself what are your goals and priorities for your car: High gas mileage? Low initial cost? Low operating costs? Reliability? Safety? Carrying capacities? Through research, you can probably assess each car on these and other traits. And of course there are other cars in this class that you may want to consider. Personally, Id probably end up with a Honda Fit, since Im a long-time Honda owner and have an obvious bias. But since that bias is shared by many other people, at least Id benefit from higher resale. Good luck, Steve

o

I don't know where prichina is located, but, in most markets, the Corsa is not a Daewoo design (in Australia and New Zealand, however, it is a rebadged Kalos [Chevy Aveo]).

If it was a choice between a Kalos-based Corsa and a Yaris, my choice would be the Yaris. It's a better-built vehicle and, likely, tougher (in general, in this size class, Japanese cars do better in U.S. crash-testing than Korean cars; I don't expect that to be the case for much longer).

If it was a choice between a true Opel Corsa and a Yaris, though, I think, for me, it would depend on the price and dealer network and maybe even the smoothness/economy/drivability of the engine. As a German-designed and -built car, the Corsa likely would be a stronger car in a crash than a Yaris (again, speaking generally, independent organizations reporting crash statistics bear this out). But the Yaris most likely is not far behind in safety, so other considerations may win out.

o

I asked the dealer now ,and he said that the new opel corsa it is a platform of Grande Punto. So to me it sounds like a true Opel Corsa? right?

o

Then that Corsa was designed by Opel and FIAT. Yup, a "true" Corsa.

o

The Opel Corsa is a European car, the diesel engine co-developed with FIAT.

The Pontiac Aveo (/Chevrolet Kalos/Holden Barina) is a Korean, lower priced (and thistier) car.

It 's a matter of personal judgement, both Yaris and Corsa are pretty standard FWD cars with similar mechanicals, economy and build quality.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here