prichina

The new opel corsa or Toyota Yaris

prichina
17 years ago

Sugestions?

Comments (6)

• bill_h
    17 years ago

opel corsa, it looks better. is it the same as the daewoo chevy aveo? looks the same

• steve_a
    17 years ago

I really donÂt know anything about the Opel, but here are some thoughts that you find useful. The Toyota Yaris is the new version of the Echo, which had been a well-regarded, but unglamorous economy car. Obviously, Toyota enjoys a reputation for quality and dependability, so the Yaris should be a success and I donÂt think that a person could go far wrong in buying one. Some of the new GM cars, which the Opel is, are well-liked by automotive testers and writers, and I certainly wouldnÂt dismiss this one. I just havenÂt done any reading on it. I would say that itÂs more of an unknown in terms of reliability than the Toyota is. In general, you need to ask youself what are your goals and priorities for your car: High gas mileage? Low initial cost? Low operating costs? Reliability? Safety? Carrying capacities? Through research, you can probably assess each car on these and other traits. And of course there are other cars in this class that you may want to consider. Personally, IÂd probably end up with a Honda Fit, since IÂm a long-time Honda owner and have an obvious bias. But since that bias is shared by many other people, at least IÂd benefit from higher resale. Good luck, Steve

• steve_o
    17 years ago

I don't know where prichina is located, but, in most markets, the Corsa is not a Daewoo design (in Australia and New Zealand, however, it is a rebadged Kalos [Chevy Aveo]).

If it was a choice between a Kalos-based Corsa and a Yaris, my choice would be the Yaris. It's a better-built vehicle and, likely, tougher (in general, in this size class, Japanese cars do better in U.S. crash-testing than Korean cars; I don't expect that to be the case for much longer).

If it was a choice between a true Opel Corsa and a Yaris, though, I think, for me, it would depend on the price and dealer network and maybe even the smoothness/economy/drivability of the engine. As a German-designed and -built car, the Corsa likely would be a stronger car in a crash than a Yaris (again, speaking generally, independent organizations reporting crash statistics bear this out). But the Yaris most likely is not far behind in safety, so other considerations may win out.

• prichina
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I asked the dealer now ,and he said that the new opel corsa it is a platform of Grande Punto. So to me it sounds like a true Opel Corsa? right?

• steve_o
    17 years ago

Then that Corsa was designed by Opel and FIAT. Yup, a "true" Corsa.

• john999
    17 years ago

The Opel Corsa is a European car, the diesel engine co-developed with FIAT.

The Pontiac Aveo (/Chevrolet Kalos/Holden Barina) is a Korean, lower priced (and thistier) car.

It 's a matter of personal judgement, both Yaris and Corsa are pretty standard FWD cars with similar mechanicals, economy and build quality.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services