Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NISSAN Quest Right Turn Singal Handle Will not Hold

Posted by junminliu (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 17:52

I have NIssan Quest 2000 minvan. The left-turn signal handle holds well. But, the right-turn singal handle will not hold. I have to manually hold it to keep right-turn singal light up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NISSAN Quest Right Turn Singal Handle Will not Hold

It seems that the detent in the switch is worn or a detent spring device is shot. My guess for repair is replace the switch in the steering column. You'll need a good repair manual to guide you for removing the steering column covers and the steering wheel. If there is an air bag in the steering wheel, extra precaution is needed when working around this beastie. Maybe its best to let the garage do it.

But first, have the dealer confirm that the problem is the switch.

If a replcaement switch is needed, see if you can locate a switch. Your vehicle is 13 model years old and dealers in many states stock or will order repair parts only up to 7 years old. If you have over 100,000 miles on the vehicle, a used part from a quality salvage yard might last the remaining life of the van. Try to get one from a low mileage van. It'll likely be from a wreck that was 'totaled' by an insurance company.

A dealer my not put in a used part since they can not warranty it. Don't be surprised if they ask you to sign a waiver.

If this turns out to be too much of a hassle, talk to your favorite independent garageman.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here