Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
damaged car

Posted by qinggaoi (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 2, 06 at 14:34

Hi everyone,

I am Qing from San Francisco. Unfortunatedly the body of my car was badly damaged in an accident, although the interal organs seems good. I like my car, but I am afraid I have to give it up. Could I ask you please to give me some suggestions for my car? and where could I find informations for dealing with this?

Thanks.

Qing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: damaged car

I assume it is illegal to drive without insurance in California so contact your insurance company or the ins company of the at-fault party in the accident. They'll send out an adjuster then you take it in to the body shop and they repair it. If it's totalled they just haul the car to a junk yard and give you a check to replace it.

o

Yep, contact your insurance company. Hopefully you either have collision, your accident involved another vehicle and you were not at fault, or you have uninsured motorist coverage should the other person not have insurance. If none of the above applies, then you're out of luck. Be sure to report the accident. In Oregon it's the law to do so if damage exceeds $1500. I assume CA has a similar rule.

o

now if you have done all of the above, and you find your left with a banged up car with a good drivetrain. choices are look for a car same as yours that need major drive train work and swap it out, or sell your as is, to someone looking for that drivetrain to put into another car.

o

quirkyquercus, gary__ and bill_h,

Thank you very much for your advice. I will follow them.

Qing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here