Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tire price

Posted by joe_mn (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 11:48

Goodyear has $160 coupon. Priced out 4 comfotread tires. That was 600. Mounting/balancing/road hazard/tax/old tire disposal was 200 more. Ugh. So final price was 640 or so. I think dealer is screwing me on labor. He gets full price since GY is giving me rebate.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tire price

The only thing I can tell you is to shop around. Make sure they are quoting you an "out the door" price that includes mounting, balancing, valve stems, disposal, sales tax, etc.

The warehouse clubs often have pretty good prices and you might check independent dealers as well.

It never hurts to ask, "is that your best price?"

o

If you can post on the internet--you can search for tires online!! I like tirerack Bought new tires for my CRV from them and no 1 could touch their price and they have a long list of installers that u can choose from and see thier prics. discounttire is suppose to be good as well. You can see mrtire, costco, etc etc prices on line. Hell I bought my 2011 CRV online via email. Use the internet to ur advantage.

o

Tire was 148 each but install was another 50. Well, u only get tires every 4-5 yrs. Dealer has bills to pay u know. I thought 800 for car tires is high. Guess I am cheap

o

Having trouble comparing cost differences between tires of the same size? Check the Federal exise tax. This tax is based on the amount of rubber in a tire.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here