Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Anyone Tell Me What Should be Included in a 60,000 Tune-up

Posted by aktillery (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 26, 05 at 7:01

I have a 2000 Honda Civic and was curious if anyone could tell me or send me to a website that would give me a full list of what all needs to be done for a 60,000 mile maintenance tune-up.

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Amy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Anyone Tell Me What Should be Included in a 60,000 Tune-u

Anyone???????

o
RE: Can Anyone Tell Me What Should be Included in a 60,000 Tune-u

Your owner's manual is the best source for this information, but I assume you must not have one since you're asking the question.

A tune-up is pretty much part of automotive history. The fuel and ignition systems are computer controlled, so necessary adjustments are made automatically. Most cars have 100,000 mile spark plug change intervals.

On a 5-year old car, the maintenance services I'd be considering would be:

-Flush cooling system if it hasn't been done yet, or if you don't know when/if it was done because you bought the car used.
-Consider replacing accessory drive belt(s) such as the serpentine belt if it has one. After 5 years these can develop cracks.
-Change oil and filter.
-Change air filter
=Call Honda's customer service number and find out what the recommended timing belt replacement interval is for your car, and replace if necessary. You may want to find this out directly from Honda and not from a dealer, because dealers sometimes come up with their own shortened maintenance intervals for timing belts and other items in order to charge customers higher service fees.
-Check brake pads for wear
-Lubricate body parts such as door hinges, hood latch assembly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here