SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thirdfrt

Any Ideas How Much This Car Might Be Worth?

thirdfrt
18 years ago

Hello,

Would anyone happen to know what a 1983 Mercury Cougar might go for? My mother bought this car brand new in 1983 and it only has 20,650 miles on it.

It is silver in color and is a tudor. It was repainted by ford after she noticed some peeling. It has a 6 Cylinder Engine, tires are not that old and she just had a new fuel line put on it just last month, which cost her around 250 dollars to have fixed. They had to order it from California to get the part. The interior is in excellent shape, no tears or rips of any kind. The Carpet looks like new and there are no chipped, cracked or broken parts on the dashboard either.

There is a little bit of rust on the bottom of the passenger side door but no where else. The Air conditioning coolant leaked out about a year ago. We never replaced it. To expensive.

There is a classic car dealership not to far from where we live and we have talked to a person there and he said he would give her a fair price. My question is what would be a fair price and is there anyway I can find this out on the internet? Blue book only goes as far back as 1986.

the Cougar was a mechanical twin of the Ford Thunderbird (and nearly a visual twin as well), both cars would be drawn up simultaneously. (Part of the article)

This particular Cougar has also been called a Thunderbird Cougar, since it was patterned after the Thunderbird but with some modification.

My mother had a stroke and got over that, then she fell and was hurt pretty badly and that stopped her driving. We have kept it up for her and now it is time for it to go. We just want her to get a fair price for it and not be taken. I won't let that happen.

All help would greatly be appreciated. Thank You!

thirdfrt!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: 1983 Mercury Cougar

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996