Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gas prices heading back up

Posted by bill_h (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 1, 05 at 2:24

seems like gas prices are heading back uo toward 3.00 a gal.,at least here in the detroit area.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gas prices heading back up

Its going up here also.It went to $3.19 today after being $2.99 for a awhile and it was down to $2.79 before the last hurricane.

There also lining there pockets off the consumer for propane LP now that winter is getting closer.$1.69 and thats probably just the beginning.

o

my local station put baggs over their pumps. the big stations are up to 3.39 Here in NC

o

For regular? I thought I was getting ripped paying $2.59!

o

I passed one store selling regular diesel for US$3.189/gallon. Lucky for me I filled up on premium diesel the night before at "just" $2.899/gallon.

o

I bought my Prius last February (had been on order for 5 months). Haven't regretted it and not just because of gas prices. My grandson was whining about how he couldn't afford to do anything with his friends as his dad limits his allowance. I told him firmly ride your bike to school, walk and drive at least 5 miles below the speed limit if you have to drive. Skip the extraneous running around. Bet his money will go a lot further if he follows my advice. Actually I expect gas prices, hurricane or not, to be around 3.60 by mid summer 2006. Oil reserves are not the property of the USA and any country that wants to sell elsewhere is fine by me. It's time to change american priorities, if gas prices go high enough, that just might happen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here