SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chevytim80

2000 Chevrolet S-10 slow start

chevytim80
16 years ago

I have a 2000 Chevrolet S-10 that I have owned for 2 and a half years now, and in that time, evertime I get below 1/4 a tank of fuel it is slower to crank than usual when cold. When it warms up it has no problems at all. Now, all of a sudden, it has an extremely hard time cranking when cold and low of fuel and when it does actually try and fire off it is almost as if it is only running on a 2 of its four cylinders then dies. Then when it finally cranks, it runs beautifully, no lag in motor, no rough running, easy to crank over and over again while the motor is warm or right after cranking right. I know of two problems that have existed since before my ownership and I have neglected to fix. The first is the radiator has been hit from underneath and leakes from the passenger side of the tank and leaks down on my air pump that is suppose to pump fresh air into the exhaust making my check engine soon light illuminate. The second are BADLY worn rotors that make the front end shake during normal braking when the pads start to thin (doesn't take long). I have changed the oil regularly and gave it all new plugs and wires. Any ideas on the cause of the hard starts?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction