SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

coolant questions

anoriginal
12 years ago

Fairly diligent about things like oil changes in my 04 Sante Fe. When done, fluids are checked and topped off. Other than that, only time I open hood is to add windshield washer solution and periodically check oil level... especially if I plan to be driving longer distance than normal.

Had a little "hic-cup" last week?? Was heading to teach night GED class on Thursday. Fairly warm and sticky/humid weather, so AC was on. Not a long drive... maybe 10-15 miles. Along the way, thought... AC isn't REAL cold?? Kinda went into Scarlett O'Hara mode... I'll think about that tomorrow. Then noticed temp guage was higher than usual. Has always just sat right at the half way point, but it went to about the 3/4 mark?? Didn't overheat and shortly after AC was COLD again and needle went back to normal position. This didn't happen on the ride home.

On Friday, bought a jug of coolant. Amount in reservoir under hood was... pretty much nothing, so I filled it up today before a drive of about 40 minutes. At about 30 minutes, needle rose but quickly went back to normal.

Should I just check & top off reservoir and dump rest in radiator... or should I be worried??

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource