Return to the Cars Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a daytona

Posted by burns86 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 17, 06 at 23:16

I'm looking for a dodge daytona, around the chicago area, any model, made between 84-93. Must have little or no rust at all.

email me at Burnz086@comcast.net

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a daytona

Good luck on finding a corrosion free 20 yr old auto in Chicago land - too much road salt. I suggest that you expand your search to other locations.

o

try ebay. here's one for $1000. looks like a deal

Here is a link that might be useful: act quick

o

Are daytonas really worth restoring? I own a 87 shelby z with 72k, t-tops, turbo, and 5 speed. The big problem with it is that the unibody is completed rusted out. Take a look under the message "used car nightmare". I was the victim. :(

o

I can't say I follow these cars. They were unique. It is my opinion that late 80's model years have not yet reached "collector" status (except maybe the Buick Grand National) but are getting there. These "shelbys" are probably of interest to a small group, but I don't believe they will ever have a large following.

do some web searches for clubs. I suspect any "resto" is a labor of love. Don't expect any monetary return for your efforts, especially if your own skills/abilities are limited.

my 0.02

o

PatRice607 has a son that might be will to sell one.Oh never mind you said rust free.LOL

o

Well, how bad is the rust?

o

3 yrs ago my buddys daughter had one with a bad engine, body was good. he gave it away. to get it out of the yard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cars Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here