SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcrowley99_gw

Gas pedal very stiff

jcrowley99
15 years ago

I was wondering if anyone here might know what would cause this. I went out grocery shopping this morning and made three stops. My car, a 2005 Honda CR-V, drove fine from the house to the first store, and again from the first store to the second. I was driving on roads between 35 and 55 mph and she accelerated just fine. After the second stop I started her up (she did start a bit hard, this has been happening occasionally even after taking her in for an oil/filter change and getting the fluids checked). I was parked in the third spot from the front of the aisle so I did not have to hit the accelerator to get to the main aisle. I braked to check for traffic then hit the gas to turn, nothing. I thought I missed the pedal because it felt like I was pressing on a solid object. I braked, made sure there was nothing under the pedal, and hit the gas again. Same thing. After making sure my gear indicator said I was in drive not second, I pressed as hard as I could as was able to get her up to 20 mph. I pulled into a parking place, put her in park, and tried hitting the gas. The pedal felt fine and she revved just fine. So I put her back in drive and she drove just fine again. I made several other stops during the day to see if it would happen again, but it did not. I do have a warranty that includes roadside assistance, but I'm worried about what would cause this and am planning to take in to the dealer tomorrow. So, does anyone have any ideas what would cause this? My husband said maybe it just didn't "catch" right. That doesn't sound right to me. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Comments (2)

Sponsored