SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gellchom

What do I do with a dead (ish) Volvo?

gellchom
14 years ago

We have a Volvo S90, 96 or 97. It's a beautiful car, loaded, leather seats, yada yada yada. I drove it happily for several years until I got my Prius, then we kept it for our daughter, a college student, to use when she is home.

Well, she was driving it and it made a horrible sound, so she took it to our mechanic. He made some little adjustment on a belt that he thought would do (he was busy when she came in), and it did for the rest of that day. But the next day the problem was worse. She took it back in and later he called us sadly.

It seems that the belts had come undone and gotten sucked into the air conditioner. The whole thing was a big mess and now it needs a valve job.

It's too expensive to be worth it for us. We really don't need a third car that much.

He felt bad so he has kept the car at the garage to see if he could find a buyer. But it doesn't look like that is going to happen (I don't know that he's trying, really).

What should we do with the thing? We can't leave it there forever. What is our best bet?

- list it on Craig's List for someone who likes to tinker?

- sell it for parts? (How?)

- something else?

Thanks in advance to my friends who know about these things!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz