SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

how should I buy my alero or grand am

vacuumfreak
17 years ago

I have always wanted an Olds Alero and will settle for a Pontiac Grand Am when the time is right. I have a 1987 Olds Ceira that has had its problems... but I own it. I'm a 23 (as of today!) year old college student with a little bad credit and no good credit, getting my first apartment next month, so financing and being required to have full coverage insurance are not an option. I have 2000 and am hoping to save 2000 more to buy a decent Alero or Grand am. I want to pay cash, but I also want the car as soon as possible... I'm embarrassed to drive around in my POS. Should I look for one from a private owner, ebay, or a buy here pay here place? My Ceira wouldn't start the other day, so I panicked and went to a buy here pay here place (Mrrepo.com terrible place) so that I wouldn't have to put anymore money into my rust bucket on wheels. The guy had a black Alero that I was considering for 3000, but it had dents, the seats where torn, the dash was ripped and wrinkled, tires flat, missing mirror switch... I was still considering it and hoping to fix it up. Went to test drive it, and the gear shift came flying off in my hands... I flew out of that dealership faster than you could turn your head... I'm not a sucker and I just got my Ciera fixed for 150 dollars (crankshaft position sensor... which was replaced a year ago as well)... runs fine now, but one day I will need to get an Alero or Grand am and need to know the best way to do it in my situation. Please let me know! And, please don't tell me to buy a Japanese car or another brand. I've had a Corolla and a Camry, and they were both LEGENDS in reliability (Camry 300,000 miles, never once left me stranded), I simply have always wanted an Alero... if I get anything else I will wish it was an Alero... I want to own one at least once in my lifetime and then I will be able to move on. Once I finally get rid of my Ceira, the tow truck companies in my area are going to be very bored! Thanks

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations